Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancied tidying up the rusty screws holding the head light covers on. Whilst I was at it I went for titanium screws. I must have saved at least 0.001 grams of weight. :lol:

Do I get a prize for most pointless modification ever?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seller seems to have increased the price too. Nice light screws though worth the money.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi pkr eper part no.14115781. From lipscomb Alfa dealer Kent. £6.04 for 6 incl. postage.

If you are going to order some you might want to wait until mine arrive so I can confirm they are the right part.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually if the rust had eaten the metal in the old screw, you might just have increased the weight!

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I was charged £2.50 + VAT for a bag of 20 washers yesterday, i felt like giving the prat an earful but just bit my tongue instead.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you follow brands like lamborghini and ferrari you can ask at least 20% more for your car now when you sell it. Quite a cheap way to increase value actually.

I think i will remove my stereo and speakers (who needs that in a V6) and try sell it for 10k. :cheese:

·
Registered
103 Posts
No I think you will find he has made the car lighter! Oxidised steel weighs more than non oxidised. We did it in Chemistry about 30 years ago so I would know!!! :p :thumbs:
Interersting, and good for the OP - other wise he would have to rename it "Superpesante"

I think the Mclaren and Ferrari F1 teams are looking for a switched on screw designer and modifier !
:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts