Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have a 2004 3.2 GTV which I've owned for fifteen years. I like to keep it as original and stock as possible although do want to fit a Q2.

My front calipers are quite badly eroded and I'm trying to decide what's best to do:-

1. Refurbish them

2. Find direct replacements although hard to find

3. Upgrade to 330mm but expensive

I've heard different things about upgrading. Some say it makes little difference, others say it is a huge improvement! Bare in mind I like to keep to original spec but these would be Alfa brembos.

Any thoughts and experience of 330's would be good!

Thanks

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Depends on the costs vs having your current ones refurbished I think, have you got a price for both? I have 330s on my Brera 2.2 which probably weighs about the same as your GTV and they stop really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45,944 Posts
330s are great. 305s are passable at best.

If you want 330s, I have both new & used in stock.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Last year I got the stock Brembos refurbished (swap arrangement at Alfa Aid), and put on Performance Friction pads and stock discs, the stopping is now good, should have done it years ago.

Wasn't cheap but one of the pads was stuck so took it to the garage for the refurb otherwise just had them cleaned, which obviously wasn't doing much.

Not experienced 330mm's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Michael

I have owned my 3.2 GTV from new. I upgraded the brakes to 330s last year. They certainly give you more confidence than the standard 305s.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Personally just get your brakes refreshed and save the difference for a rainy day.

That's what I've always done with regards to mods for mine. The money goes towards keeping the Busso in the best condition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally just get your brakes refreshed and save the difference for a rainy day.

That's what I've always done with regards to mods for mine. The money goes towards keeping the Busso in the best condition.
Yes that's the way I'm leaning. The only upgrade I do want to do is to fit the q2. Otherwise it's all standard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts