Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read some where that the gtv rear exhaust manifold has a better flow when fitted to the gta 3.2
Now seeing as the gtv gt gta 3.2 have all the same engine does that mean my gtv has the same mainifold as the gta or does it have a gtv manifold
If it has the gta manifold would i be better off changing it and if so does anyone know the part number as there are two for the 3.0 gtv
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ill try the gta forum then

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm fairly sure the 3.2 GTV has the cat's on the manifolds same as the GTA's "you should be able to tell by looking at it"
see the following eper:
FIAT ePER
The non cat'ed ph 2 versions are:
I think the ph3 cat'ed version are:
60669657 Substituted 60816727
60669656 Substituted 60816728

You will most probably have the cat'ed version in that case you would see a gain swapping to ph2 non cat'ed version. However if the drawing is correct and my memory is intact then the front lambda sensor is integrated into the cat on the ph3 so you would need a boss welded into ether the header or to the down pipe. You could also swap the down pipes over to ph2 version or go with so nice equal length ones from alfatune. but from my understanding the ph2 & ph3 back section connects to the downpipes using a different shaped end plate so something nonstandard would have to be done somewhere along the exhaust track.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

J

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your detailed reply
I have pm gus at alfa tune for a price etc

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've just been reading a book on tuning Busso engines. The author reckoned there was power to be gained from fitting custom oversized manifolds to the V6. The ones off the earlier V6's are quite a small ID

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
On a race engine,but on a road engine you go bigger bore you will loose torque low down,also it will cost big bucks to have custom made v6 manifolds.The ph2 manifolds are a cheap,proven power gains alternative for the catted ones:)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
On a race engine,but on a road engine you go bigger bore you will loose torque low down,also it will cost big bucks to have custom made v6 manifolds.The ph2 manifolds are a cheap,proven power gains alternative for the catted ones:)
Goes to show you shouldn't take everything you read as gospel!! I was going to do as much work myself as possible anyway but that's saved me a few quid!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would that be jim kalalamallakkkais book
cos i think thats more for tuning the 12 valve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts