Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao,

I just bought a 2004 Facelift GTV 3.2 V6 and wanted to find out what the differences are if any between this engine and the one found in the 156/147 GTA's.

I am looking to replace some parts in my engine like cams for example if the GTA engines use more agressive cams and wanted to know what else I can look for from a GTA engine that will fit on the 3.2 found in the GTV.

I thought the following items could work for this purpose:

- cams
- intake manifolds

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
30,076 Posts
ALL the old 3.2v6 engines are EXACTLY THE SAME.

The only difference is that the 147/156GTA ones say "GTA" on the plenum chamber.

·
Registered
30,076 Posts
You might find some information here Link
Only the first few posts at the start of the thread.... it goes downhill quickly after that!

There have been many MANY threads asking the difference between the 240hp & 250hp engines and the answer is always the same: there is no difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Guys,

Thank you for the response ....... That's makes me happy that there is no difference.

Great forum and great people.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Congrats on your new motor. Ibe had mine a year now and done 16k 100% trouble free motoring including a 1300mile tour oj scotland last may. Had its mot and service end of the year with no advisories and no faults. The only thing its had is I've powerflexed the rear and a rear bearing
So mate enjoy your 3.2

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes they develop exactly the same power oe.
Marketing ploy by AR I suppose.
Ian yours develop n bit more than OE just incase you forgot.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
so the question is is th 3.2 240bhp as per gtv or is it 250bhp as per gta
Shall we settle on 245

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
or we could stretch the figures a tad....say 260;)

·
Registered
30,076 Posts
so the question is is th 3.2 240bhp as per gtv or is it 250bhp as per gta
Shall we settle on 245
The GTAs came first and were marketed as 250.
The others came later and the marketing department put them (with exactly the same engine) as 240 so not to take the shine off of the "special" (in marketing terms) GTAs.

So logic would say they are all around 250 (around, because all engines vary).

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
+1

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:thumbs:
Its probably safe to say Busso 3.2 develop between 240 and 250 depending on which day of the week it was assembled.:lol:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Why would there be 3 power output claims then? GTA does (in KW and Nm as this is how I know it) 184kW and 300Nm. GT has 177kW and 300Nm and the GTV has the lowest rating at 176kW and 277Nm?:confused:

I need some of what the Italians were smoking when they made this lot up...;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts