Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a 2001 GTV 3.0 V6 from a garage. Driving it home when it developed a misfire and the engine light came on.

The garage have taken it back and replaced a spark plug and a coil which didn't work but then they replaced the lambda sensor and it was working.

It was driven back to me and the misfire had gone. After 30 mins of driving though the engine light came back on. The garage came to take it back but on the way back the light apparently went off. They are saying that a misfire was recorded but the problem may have been a blip and they can't diagnose it with the light off.

Has anyone heard of this with the Alfa GTV? Can they pick up a small glitch which remedies itself?

Thanks for help - have seen some great posts on this forum seems to know what its talking about . . .

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd drive it a little more and see what the state of play is, if the light stays off and it's driving 100% then obviously being an Alfa if it ain't broke and all.........

If it returns take it back asap and try and get the fault code read to identify the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the tip. It is back now and I've driven for 40 mins this evening and is driving beautifully. I've got my fingers crossed ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts