Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has an Alfa GTV 3.0 V6. The used to be a Peter Stuyvesant promotion car back in the day. According to Eper it left the factory as silver but it is white now.
Long story short. The car would start but only idle for a few seconds then it will die. After connecting my Fiat ecu scan I got a few errors but mainly the most serious were the key code and RPM sensor. Other errors were minor things nothing serious. In fact after some trial and error those minor errors never appeared again.

Anyway, after replacing the key with the spare key and master key the problems was much better. The key code error never appeared again but the RPM sensor error keeps appearing. The car would start much better and idle fine but as soon as you drive the car dies. This tells me that in fact it could be the RPM sensor as I experienced the same problem with my 146 and a 147 belonging to a friend. As soon as I replaced the RPM sensor on the 146 and 147 the problem was solved.

Now, could someone please assist me with the part number for the RPM sensor on the 3.0 GTV? I have attached a screen shot from Fiat Eper. Am I right in saying the right part is part number 46808734 (number 1) as on the screen shot?

Once all the problems are sorted the car will be for sale. Mileage is just over 70000km if I remember clearly but will update.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Not one of them.
This look like an older GTV 164 setup with rpm on front pulley.
The one you need is the same as on the 99 156 2.5
It sits below the sump in front of the flywheel above the exhaust.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did enter the car's VIN number on eper.
What sensor is that then?
Where do I find the right one?
I need to get the RPM sensor ordered.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Eper is crazy I only get 4 cylinder info on it.
Just order one for a 99 156 2.5 it will be perfect.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eper is crazy I only get 4 cylinder info on it.
Just order one for a 99 156 2.5 it will be perfect.
Thanks TN.

I will go past the Chrysler dealership in George today. I have heard that they have taken over the Alfa and fiat dealership so lets see how smart they are!:cheese:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Thanks TN.

I will go past the Chrysler dealership in George today. I have heard that they have taken over the Alfa and fiat dealership so lets see how smart they are!:cheese:
good luck!

I tried to get a price on rear discs for a 156 from NMI DSM in Durban the other day and they refused to even try and help me with out a VIN number.
There are only two options on the 156 so its not difficult....

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
good luck!

I tried to get a price on rear discs for a 156 from NMI DSM in Durban the other day and they refused to even try and help me with out a VIN number.
There are only two options on the 156 so its not difficult....
Not that difficult????
Have you ever tried to do something you hate doing, even though you get paid for it and then someone asks you to it??? exactly, you wouldn't want to help that person either...
I mean ma, its only a job to them...

PS: Arthur this is said in jest! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT bite my head off, again :p

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right......
Daimler Chrysler has stopped being the Agents for Alfa here in George.... Only after a few weeks.....
Thy told me to go to Honda as they are going to take the dealership. So off I go to Honda in George. Only to be told that they still have to go on courses etc etc.... This can take weeks.

Is there anyone willing to go to a nearby Alfa Dealer and order the RPM sensor for a 156 2.5 V6 for me? I will deposit the cash into your account as well as courier money for the part to be delivered to me. It is slightly urgent.....

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
can do call my mom tomorrow on 012 325 8739.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
she will be waiting for your call

1 - 13 of 13 Posts