Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..... Just bought a 99 GTV 3.0. And i love it!!!! Although it has a knocking from the rear passenger side. Had local garage take a look and there is slight play in the bushes. I'm going to get a set of powerflex fitted,question is how many bushes does the 3.0 gtv have at the rear on both sides and costs to fit? Thanks in advance for responses.:)

R

·
0 Posts
I think it's 14 bushes on the rear in total, and as for the cost? Not sure as mine's yet to be done. The bushes will cost between £150 - £200 depending where you get them from and then it's down to the labour costs. There's a lot of bushes so it's not too cheap. I think the going rate for the full job is about £500 or so.

EDIT. Thats £500 in total (including the bushes)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know where to get the rear bushes done near Doncaster. I have a GTV that has a bad knocking from the rear. Had a look and bushes are shot -- need to get them done asap.

topman:(

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had the bottom 10 done on my TS for £350 @ Peak Alfa. Apparently the top four on the upper wishbones don't suffer from premature wear like the highly stressed lower arms and don't normally need doing.

R

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking of having a go at doing mine myself, I'd do the full 14 though so I don't have to touch them again. Also fancy changing the dampers and springs while I'm at it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm wondering if there's a suspension mod that will actually soften it! I don't mind a bit more ride height, I just fear for my dentures. Maybe some adjustable shocks. I don't think mine has been lowered but it ain't got a lot of ground clearance when full of fuel and with a passenger.

R

·
0 Posts
Same here. I rang round trying to get some decent suspension, and they all were lowering kits. I don't need it any lower thanks, just want some better suspension.

Looks like I'll have to get aftermarket dampers and stock springs

A

·
0 Posts
I can't find anyone that sells the whole set of rear bushes(14 bushes), anyone know who it is please, I'm doing both of ours over next bank holiday.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I got my bushes done at Allitalia in Wrexham :)

A

·
0 Posts
Can you not buy them from these guys direct http://www.powerflex.co.uk/
Thanks for that Red Baron, I had already looked their site but must have been having a thick moment, the page I looked at had no mention of Alfas.
Looks like the bushes are going to be about £240 +vat from them. I might have to be a bit selective on which ones I change at that price, I'm fairly sure the top bushes are ok though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd have a look at the distributors page on the powerflex site, see who's close to you and then send off some emails and do some bartering if I were you.

I managed to get Carnoisseur down to £150 all in, for all 14 bushes.

A

·
0 Posts
I'd have a look at the distributors page on the powerflex site, see who's close to you and then send off some emails and do some bartering if I were you.

I managed to get Carnoisseur down to £150 all in, for all 14 bushes.
Thanks mate I'll give it a try

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies chaps.
Tried carnoissuer at Stone in Staffs they quoted £210 all in, EB spares quoted by E mail for just the lower bushes at £136. So as long as its like for like parts EB looks a shade cheaper.
Anyway its saved me a bundle so thanks again everybody:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts