Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Need some help and comments if I can shoehorn a 98' 2.0V6 TB engine into my GTV 2.0 TS which is a 03' series 2 model with red style trim inside.
My mechanic just found this half cut which is a left hooker and mine is a right hooker in Thailand.

Do I have to change all the ancillaries as well like the suspension, brakes, transmission and more worrisome the gauges and meters as well? The engine bay and its mountings looks the same to me but the donor car has a older interior with slatted aircon vents and mine are round. Dont mind if its a quick and straight forward engine out job but just a little worried about the rest. I,ve just bought new drive shafts and a complete set of Konis which I dont know if I can use anymore.

There isnt even one V6 TB in Thailand or 3 litre for that matter due to our tax structure.

Appreciate any help from you guys. Here are some pics of my car and the donor.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
The 2.0V6 TB uses the same brakes as the 2.0TS, scary I know, but true...
But fitting the V6 into a TS car, you will obviously need the gearbox from a V6, the subframe, rev-counter, ECUs, engine wiring loom, etc..

Not a simple job, but if you have a complete donor car it solves most of the parts issues.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2.0V6 TB uses the same brakes as the 2.0TS, scary I know, but true...
But fitting the V6 into a TS car, you will obviously need the gearbox from a V6, the subframe, rev-counter, ECUs, engine wiring loom, etc..

Not a simple job, but if you have a complete donor car it solves most of the parts issues.
Thanks David C,

Actually the donor car is half a car but comes with the ECU, wiring for the engine, the whole front suspension and the complete dashboard. A liitle worried about the rev counter as they look different as mine are silver to match the console and of course its calibrated differently too.Which subframe were you refering to? The donor also came with a alloy frame for the rear suspension and the mechanic said I could have it as well.

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
I'm sure there are two ECUs for a 2.0V6 TB... does it have both?

By subframe, I mean the front subframe.
Usually different for different engines.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi David C,

Thanks for your kind comments, here are a few more pics of the donor car.I will check about the 2 ECUs as I,ve seen one under the dash.
Do you think this a feasible project given the original car is in very good condition? The sound of a classic Busso V6 really makes me want to do silly things and they are so rare here. Even the Breras here only have 2.2 litre engines and not a single GTA 156 or 147 except for my friend who succesfully grafted a 3.2 left hand drive engine onto his 156.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts