Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my name is Johan, i'm from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and i'm a software developer, and i own a 1998 Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB for 7 years now, as a daily driver. It was imported from Perugia, Italy with 56000km on the clock, and i added 100.000 to it the last 7 years, without big problems. The color is gray metallic (Grigio Eclisse) and the interior is red Momo leather. Stunning combo if i may say so ;)

Recently i added 18" 8C replica rims and a 305mm break set using MiTo (Brembo) red calipers, and for this summer some more upgrades and maintenance is planned, from which the biggest will be a respray, using the same color to get rid of some damages and minor rust issues from previous repairs. The GTV is lowered about 20mm using Eibach Pro springs. At the front there are 3mm spacers, 22mm at the back.

Some more upgrades for the next months:
- Denso Iridium IW24 sparkplugs
- Magnecor KV85 ignition leads
- Koni yellow/sport shocks front (back is allready Koni)
- bigger breakdiscs at the back (276mm)
- red Momo electrical adjustable & heated seats (imported from the UK ;) )
- and some maintenance issues

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,835 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Johan - what a beautiful car!
Thanks :) upclose there are a lot of small issues, dents and even a bit of rust on the doors and bootlid, but that will all be repaired and fixed soon, as the car will get a full outer respray.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Welkom bij AO van Engeland. Apologies, Dutch is not my first language. A very pretty car you have there sir!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The TB's are sensitive due to all the extras involved (coolers, turbo, lots of lengthy piping) and have a mind if their own, but if all stars are aligned correctly and temperature and humidity are in balance, and The Force is with us, it runs very nice :) I've seen a lot of TB's but i must say, this one is one of the better ones. The engine doesnt sound raw but sounds more like a swiss clockwork or a sowing machine on steroids when you drive it. Lots of 12V engine owners dont align the camshafts and valves properly, or at all... or are running with worn out camshafts and cam followers, which is a shame. Also the machine needs good oil, and it needs its oil level spot on all the time. Its better to add some oil each month to keep it levelled then have it running low and adding a liter after 3 months. Also offcourse the Busso engine (like every alfa engine!) needs proper warming up before you push it, and the turbo needs to cool down before you shut the engine off, if you used it intensively.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts