Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken my 2.0 jts for a spin and I had forgotten just how well balanced the car is. The engine has loads of torque and sounds great for 4 pot but it's the handling that makes it special. We have tuned the suspension and chassis a bit. Just throw it into corners and tight bends and it sticks to the road, no body roll. It feels so well balanced it is a joy to drive. I think the gtv jts is very understated car...... So high five for the jts.....

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Have you driven a Twin Spark? If so, how does it compare to the JTS? I’ll be honest , it’s an engine I know nothing about that I have judged on reputation or lack of. What suspension tuning have you done?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you driven a Twin Spark? If so, how does it compare to the JTS? I’ll be honest , it’s an engine I know nothing about that I have judged on reputation or lack of. What suspension tuning have you done?
I had a 1.8 146 and 156 2.0 both twin sparks but not driven twin spark gtv. The 146 was great fun so can't compare against jts. Yes the jts does get a lot of negativity but I can't understand why as plenty of power in it. To help it breath have put a spots exhaust on it and a green cotton filter but kept the pre cars and the catalyser. I rose bushed the rear suspension, fitted koni sport shocks with standard springs on rear and novitec coil overs on front (-20mm). Alfaholics arbs and braced the front struts and rear subframe front and rear. Widened track by 20mm. Oh and put short shifter on its 5 speed box which has taken a while to bed in but now just needs a quick flick to shift gears. I guess the lightness of the engine makes it very balanced. Would love to drive p3 twinny....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have both varieties and JTS has more low rev grunt than TS but evens out as revs rise.TS sounds nicer tho.The JTS front end suspension is different and feels it.I prefer it,wife prefers the TS.To me it feels like your more connected to the front wheels and what they are doing,wife thinks the steering is too light and quick.
Thats just my verdict on my particular cars,i'd bet there is as much or more difference between different TS cars as there is between the TS and JTS versions.My own 2 JTS' feel different to each other too,but one is a GTV the other a Spider

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have both varieties and JTS has more low rev grunt than TS but evens out as revs rise.TS sounds nicer tho.The JTS front end suspension is different and feels it.I prefer it,wife prefers the TS.To me it feels like your more connected to the front wheels and what they are doing,wife thinks the steering is too light and quick.
Thats just my verdict on my particular cars,i'd bet there is as much or more difference between different TS cars as there is between the TS and JTS versions.My own 2 JTS' feel different to each other too,but one is a GTV the other a Spider
Interesting.... The low end torque does seem to be a characteristic of the jts, mine is the same. The steering is firm but very responsive and feels planted. The whole car seems very well balanced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts