Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a labour of love the last few months since acquiring a late registered low mileage (35K) Phase 3 (2005) which has sat stored for at least 4 years. Having refreshed the suspension and brakes my attention has turned on the ignition system which keeps throwing up error codes and going into limp mode. I have managed to resolve most by replacing the throttle body and pedal potentiometer. but I keep getting error code P1680 - motorised throttle (spring) which apparently is due to weak connection according to multicuscan. Having soldered the connecting wires at the pedal potentiometer end (they really are a poor loose connection) cleaned all the connectors at the ECU/throttle body etc all is well and good but re-appear again after you leave the car for a few hours/overnight and after about 5 or 6 restarts and error code reset all is well and good again with nice throttle response, but this does not last long. I can't see any obvious damaged wires, which leads me to think the ECU is faulty - Any experience out there on these symptoms? Thanks guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts