Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good description available of mounting the air filter off an AR GTV 2.0 MY 2001? Any pictures?

I've already used the "search" possibility and found 1 description, but it was not clear enough to me (yes I'm blond).

The pictures in the manuel are not helping becaus it is a copy.

Thanks for your help!

R

·
0 Posts
When you say mounting the air filter, what do you mean? Do you mean changing the old one for a new one? If so, you need to loosen the screws on the top of the airbox (which is located at the front right hand side of the engine bay with a large black tube going into it).

There are 3 screws that hold the top on and when you have removed them you should be able to bend the tube out of the way with the whole top of the airbox coming with it. If you are struggling, you may find it easier to just remove the whole tube section. You should now be able to remove the old filter and replace with a new one, make sure the new one is the correct type (long enough to seal properly) as the wrong one could cause damage to the air flow meter.

Once the new one is fitted, replace the airbox top and screws, I would recommend greasing the screws with some vaseline or silicone grease as they tend to corrode over time and get stuck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts