Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Ti | Randburg | Gumtree | 125963414

Does anybody know the car?
5 year maintenance plan...sounds like a warranty/service plan.
159 v6 Ti guys...is this the one to go for or is the 1750Tbi the one?
Any mods for this car?
MP how much was your exhaust system, was this from the headers?
My BIL says he's dying in the GTi...yes its quick at stage two, but after hearing how much fun my Alfa was on the run that he declined at midnight...he now wants an Alfa:cheese:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you know according to Ian, we literally forced the FCA's hand with our whining that they now enforce a 1 yearly oil service...so I don't think this will ever happen. I hope he buys it so that I can finally put my modifying hand to this car, imported front spoiler from Ibher Design, coilovers, spacers, complete exhaust system, replacement BMC, pedal booster, dark grilles and headlight surrounds, dvd player and the obligatory roof racks..:D

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Off topic, sorry, Lance, did you see the red 147 GTA on Gumtree ?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I hope he buys it so that I can finally put my modifying hand to this car, imported front spoiler from Ibher Design, coilovers, spacers, complete exhaust system, replacement BMC, pedal booster, dark grilles and headlight surrounds, dvd player and the obligatory roof racks..:D
R50k worth of mods, immediately cutting the value of the car by R30k :lol::cheese:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R50k worth of mods, immediately cutting the value of the car by R30k :lol::cheese:
:cheese:

Did you see adverts on Gumtree and Autotrader by dealers mentioning mods as performance exhaust as an extra???

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off topic, sorry, Lance, did you see the red 147 GTA on Gumtree ?
eric, I saw and looked away immediately.
I'm delivering GTV tomorrow afternoon...laughing to the bank will commence like a boss...let's leave that money in acc for a few hours.:cheese:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
2011 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Ti | Randburg | Gumtree | 125963414

Does anybody know the car?
5 year maintenance plan...sounds like a warranty/service plan.
159 v6 Ti guys...is this the one to go for or is the 1750Tbi the one?
Any mods for this car?
MP how much was your exhaust system, was this from the headers?
My BIL says he's dying in the GTi...yes its quick at stage two, but after hearing how much fun my Alfa was on the run that he declined at midnight...he now wants an Alfa:cheese:
I have also inquired about this car:cheese:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I think for modding the 1750 is better for cost versus performance. Mods known to me for the JTS V6 is as follows with pricing from personal experience.

Cams + labour- R5000
Mapping- R4000
Filter- R1200

Paul's exhaust system
Manifold set- R10 000?
Exhaust system R8000?
3.6 conversion roughly R30 000?

That said, the 3.6 untuned with cams, moderate headwork, fully balanced internals, k&n filter and manifold cats cut out (centre cat will be taken out before tune by the tuner) gave a Golf 6 DSG Revo stage 2 a spankin in a 600m sprint between the lights the other day.

Don't know if that's achievable in the 1750 159, mainly because I don't know its potential or how fast a stage 2 G6 is for that matter.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a moer lot for an exhaust...made locally. One would expect like R12k all in, not R18k.

Who said the 3.6 raced the Golf? More details, tuned by who, Brera or 159?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
My Brera, Saturday here in Pretoria, white gti with the usual game over and revo stickers, had a sprint from standstill from one robot to the other, obviously I didn't launch hard with the 4wd and all but for the first 2 gears his nose sat by my door, from 3rd the Brera started leaving him then we had to brake hard for the light, couldn't talk much at the lights but I asked what he done to the car and he just said stage 2

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
And my car is not mapped yet by anyone. Still need to get it done but each month new costs pop up, this month it was a nasty deposit for a wedding venue.... Women.... Lol

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol...that's a good go. Why is the 3.6 not mapped yet. do it.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
And yeah, if it was 12 I would have bought it lol, I was hoping someone would say ok D you can have the full system for 10 just because You let us use your manifolds to make our shiny ones but alas, nothing :lol:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Lol...that's a good go. Why is the 3.6 not mapped yet. do it.
I don't know these revo cars, are they fast? Or do they still get owned by these 250kw bussos on this forum?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
As for the mapping, I really have to get it done, just not feeling excited for it, it seems no matter what you do, any N/A car in gauteng is lucky to get 50kw on the wheels and I don't have the heart to see a sad dyno sheet for all my hard work lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have had a look at that 159 its absolutely mint, no mods that I could see. I have been burning to trade in the wifes car for it for a while but shes doesnt want a red car....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lance here's my take (you know this is a 1750 vs v6 debate all over again don't you?)

I wish there were honest exit interviews with V6 owners. I think they would go something like this - "I absolutely love everything about the car except the fuel consumption". That GM engine is an Alfaholic and I've said this before on here - it gives v6 performance with v8 thirst. It sounds glorious though and seems to be decently fast at the coast

My experience with the 1750Ti is that it's a wonderful car, pointy nose eager to change direction, has immediate throttle response in any gear as long as your rpm's are higher than 2k, has incredible corner exit speeds when you discover you don't need to lift off, feels much quicker than the 147kW output suggests, the stance is perfect straight from the factory, the thirst depends on how you drive - my average in JHB kamakazi-commuter mode is 11.5l/100km (GIFS is getting 10.5), my best with cruise-control set to 129km/h is 8.8l/100km over a distance of 297km (JHB - Clarens)

and the bad?
it sounds like a whistling vacuum cleaner that gets gruff (induction) at the red line. The lack of sound makes it feel clinical/sterile. My son's 2.0 T-spark 145 sounds way better. The car is very low in Ti-spec, not so much in approach angle cause you can drive around that problem but more because the ramp break-over angle is horrible. I've beached the car on one or two occasions and then been forced to reverse gingerly. Oh and it feels like it's been chipped when you drive with the aircon off (I'm used to bigger NA motors where the aircon effect is not noticeable). If you intend accelerating and get caught in the void below 2k rpm you will go nowhere for a seeming eternity.

My 2c worth...if you're paying for fuel, get the 1750Ti - if the company or the taxman is paying or if you have deep pockets, take the v6. Also remember that the cost per kW to tune a turbo-car versus a NA car is a lot cheaper too

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
lance here's my take (you know this is a 1750 vs v6 debate all over again don't you?)

i wish there were honest exit interviews with v6 owners. I think they would go something like this - "i absolutely love everything about the car except the fuel consumption". That gm engine is an alfaholic and i've said this before on here - it gives v6 performance with v8 thirst. It sounds glorious though and seems to be decently fast at the coast

my experience with the 1750ti is that it's a wonderful car, pointy nose eager to change direction, has immediate throttle response in any gear as long as your rpm's are higher than 2k, has incredible corner exit speeds when you discover you don't need to lift off, feels much quicker than the 147kw output suggests, the stance is perfect straight from the factory, the thirst depends on how you drive - my average in jhb kamakazi-commuter mode is 11.5l/100km (gifs is getting 10.5), my best with cruise-control set to 129km/h is 8.8l/100km over a distance of 297km (jhb - clarens)

and the bad?
It sounds like a whistling vacuum cleaner that gets gruff (induction) at the red line. The lack of sound makes it feel clinical/sterile. My son's 2.0 t-spark 145 sounds way better. The car is very low in ti-spec, not so much in approach angle cause you can drive around that problem but more because the ramp break-over angle is horrible. I've beached the car on one or two occasions and then been forced to reverse gingerly. Oh and it feels like it's been chipped when you drive with the aircon off (i'm used to bigger na motors where the aircon effect is not noticeable). If you intend accelerating and get caught in the void below 2k rpm you will go nowhere for a seeming eternity.

My 2c worth...if you're paying for fuel, get the 1750ti - if the company or the taxman is paying or if you have deep pockets, take the v6. Also remember that the cost per kw to tune a turbo-car versus a na car is a lot cheaper too
+1

1 - 20 of 34 Posts