Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

All this talk on here about GTAm replicas and classics being restored it has tickled my fancy for a classic...

This will only be in a few years after I have paid off the Giulietta, GTA and 4C!

But I tend to read up and page thru 1000's of photos as soon as something perks my interest (habit from reading up on companies and their financial statements).

This is what I am dreaming and drooling about now....

LOVE the white paint job with the green detailing :inlove: :wow: :thumbs:

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These look like Group 5 GTAJ's (1300's). GTAm's also had the wide arches but with 1750 GTV fronts. Both very nice!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes they the 1300's.. 0-100kmh in 6.7seconds :wow:

They not technically GTAm's but just GTA's but some are replicated to look like the GTAm's. The red one is a 1972 1300 GTA!

Another slap for Guili...

I think the white and green one is stunning

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make that 3 slaps for Giuli ;-)

Some of those 1300 GTAJ's had 16V engines, with 8 exhaust ports and sliding plate fuel injection mind you, producing about 195 bhp (or 145 kw) at 9500 rpm. Amazing, those things!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Damn...I wanted to turn my other cheek...look at the front of that red car and tell me...does it not look bloated?

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
a golf looks bloated. thats perdy.. Guili, turn your blue tooth on your phone. Bluetooth slap on its way

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
They do look good and thy still have class leading performance 40 years on.
And people want to know why I don’t appreciate the GTA badges on the modern GTA’s.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Damn am I the only one with two eyes that are in perfect working order lol...Next you guys are going to say that the Queen of England must be in an FHM calendar

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Guili a real classic can not be judged by modern standards so who knows maybe she should.:cheese:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
careful TN. Remember you still judge a golf which is a classic, by modern standards. lol

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:cheese:
That’s true unfortunately Alfa didn’t decide to build them for 30 years like VW did with the MK1 Golf.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
:cheese:
That’s true unfortunately Alfa didn’t decide to build them for 30 years like VW did with the MK1 Golf.

That is still one of the biggest disasters of modern history, when man looks bac at his achievements...that there...the 30 year reign of the MK1 and the Beetle in Brazil will be written out of the history books

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
That is still one of the biggest disasters of modern history, when man looks bac at his achievements...that there...the 30 year reign of the MK1 and the Beetle in Brazil will be written out of the history books
What reign of the Golf?? Go back to the road tests of the period my Kadet GSIs beat it in every possible way and look much better. And car magazine already belonged to the germans then. Of late it is quick after 30 years of the tuners development and now it weigh 500 kg less than the competing cars. That weight also makes it the unsafest car on the road in crash testing. It was tested by the standards of '60s and is even behind the Unos that was tested to '90 standards.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts