Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Alfa maniacs!

I have owned this car for the past 26 or so years, when no one was very interested in old cars.

Following, some photos when it was first raced in Spain by the original and 1st owner.
next, the letter about this GTAm from Alfa Romeo.

Regards, Alberto

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Driver was Javier Juncadella of Escuderia Montjuich, and it is number 6, not leading the race.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As the body had been transformed to a complete fibreglass shell, except for the roof, and not knowing any better, decided to at least make it look as something more presentable...
By the way, still on 'plastic' Dunlop racing tyres about 7 + years old. At least they held air...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After the cosmetics were finished (!) I had no engine, no driveline, but for the rear axle (original)
and zero internet.

Did not have a clue as on what to do, so just let the car linger as a Gtam was jus an old race car
with zero purpose. Patience...

Eventually the hunt began...

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
After the cosmetics were finished (!) I had no engine, no driveline, but for the rear axle (original)
and zero internet.

Did not have a clue as on what to do, so just let the car linger as a Gtam was jus an old race car
with zero purpose. Patience...

Eventually the hunt began...

Regards, Alberto
Still lost for words. But as you say, "Patience". Respect Man!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Anybody else own a GTAm in this forum?

More photos of the car racing in Central America...

Regards, Alberto
Alberto, do you know what the weight difference is between the GTAm and a standard car? And was it Autodelta who modified the engines? Were they initially independent under Carlo Chitti until they were brought into Alfa Romeo proper? Or have I got that completely wrong? Fitted Autodelta cams to my Berlina and GTV and they completely changed the nature of the engines. They of course were fast road cams so those on the GTAm' must have been really wild. As for anyone else owning one of these beasts, there can't be many survived and will be as rare as Hens teeth. I Don't suppose you have the car's competition record?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You mean the airbox, the pump and the injectors?

The airbox, and the rest, I will post a photo, as also I have some questions about it.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
These are the Gtam airboxes I reproduce, although this first photo was a prototype that came from Australia and had been modified, and the last photo is the ally box I purchased from Facetti.

If someone has ever seen one before, I would love to hear about it.

As you see, it has a hump to give the airhorns more clearance, but you have to beat the fender out in order for it to fit.

Regards, Alberto

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the opportunity to send some of my GTA replica airboxes to Europe for free, thus would make it a great deal, as the shipping is less than shipping inside the USA.

Any ideas? Does anyone sell airboxes in Europe?

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.