Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought some very hard to find GTA Wheels for my GTV from Andrew at Alfamotive in Sydney. I paid $1,200 (600GBP) for them and they came with about 80% tread left on 3 Bridgestone Turanzas ER300 but had to buy a seperate new tyre for $330 (115GBP) which is aparantly the last Bridgestone Turanza left in Australia as their being phased out now for the Bridgestone Adrenalin which is meant to be better and cheaper.

Anyway changing from 16" wheels to 17" I got Andrew to fit them for me and we then realised we needed longer bolts as the standard 16" bolts were too short. No problem there were plenty of longer bolts on hand ! He also changed the wheel brace for me for nothing.

The 17" Tyre and Wheel combination is so much better than the 16" wheel. The car feels much more secure and sure footed in every situation. I reckon the roadholding and directional stability and surefootedness is increased by 20-30%. The car feels much better on the wider rubber and understeer is virtually gone in most cases. I even noticed the car is more comfortable riding over bumps better as I would have expected the opposite with lower profile wheels and tyres.

I have no idea why the V6 came standard with 16" wheels. It cannot handle the power of the V6. They should have come standard with 17".

Attachments

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah cool hey. The 16" wheels cant handle the power of the V6 - dont know why they were standard to start with !

·
Registered
798 Posts
You do know it's possible to upgrade tyres right?? Lol. 17" looks way better than the 16s. Can't wait to get 18s on mine. They're in the garage just need like 600 for good tyres on the cheap :D

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do know it's possible to upgrade tyres right?? Lol. 17" looks way better than the 16s. Can't wait to get 18s on mine. They're in the garage just need like 600 for good tyres on the cheap :D
What would you upgrade the tyres too? Do you have any pics of yours ?:p

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have no idea about Bridgestone tyres, but. My most recent tyres were Kumho KU31 (ultra high performance grade). Got them for $150 a pop from a local drift garage. They do the Kumhos on the cheap :D I have no qualms running something Korean on the car, as long as they perform, which they do in my (somewhat) limited experience. keeping in mind though, I always put my cars to the test. Unbeatable bang for buck.

Pics of what, my 18" wheels? I'll post one later, it's a pic of my old 156 with them fitted.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt want to spend any more money on tyres. Either I get 1 more Bridgestone or get get 4 new tyres. Was cheaper to get 1 bridgestone. There pretty average Bridgestone Turanzas there not high performance more like sports touring. I dont drive 10/10ths anyway - not like i used to:D

$150 is pretty cheap for khumos. Are they as good as Pilot Sports and F1 Goodyear etc ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Not 100% sure, I just closed my eyes and paid up knowing I was definitely saving about $1200 on tyres. That's worth a marginal loss in performance if they still do OK when I'm giving the car hell :p

G

·
They really suit it Fred. I thought that when a V6 came with teledials, they were always 17" though with 16" being reserved for 156s?

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They really suit it Fred. I thought that when a V6 came with teledials, they were always 17" though with 16" being reserved for 156s?
The GTV came with 16" teardrop wheels as standard as well as 17" Teledials as optional.
Mine were 16 teardrops which shouldnt be standard on a V6 at all.

·
Registered
890 Posts
looks really good i hope your happy with them they look stunning with the black

G

·
Hey Fred!

You pulled it off! Congratulations buddy. :thumbs:

IMO, the perfect alloys for the GTV. Perfection.

Looks completely off the scale. :cool:

G

·
Thanks Kalel ! - I think Im going to stop spending money on the car now ! :lol:
Addictive isn't it. :lol:

IMO it's the perfect spec GTV.

A V6, one of the most stunning colours and the best looking alloys for it.

It's going to really look the business in Sydney - especially when buffed and clean.

See you on the Eastern Suburbs roads. :cool:

G

·
That looks lovely!! The GTA wheels are gorgeous! I always wanted GTA's on mine, nice one I like that alot!!!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts