Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me I'm not the only one using a GTA as a daily!

Does anyone have any tips regarding cleaning the underside and generally keeping the rust at bay during the winter months

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use it daily still. Nice to see someone else still using it daily aswell.
I make sure the underside is regularly checked and sealed. Despite my regular checks I've still found 2 patches of rust which I had removed and the re sealed. Not much else you can do really apart from check it and seal it and keep on top of any issues that arise.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
+1 for a daily. Close to 160 thousand miles on the GTA now and still used every day to work and back with the odd personal trip. Underside gets looked at twice a year. The only thing which really worries me is the rusty wing. Hopefully, a BIG old service is approaching which will prolong its life :thumbs:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Use mine every day as well. It gets waxed every 2-3 weeks. Throughout winter, the underside gets washed down and everything sprayed in XCP-50 about every 6-8 weeks (having already been properly undersealed). It's a product that was designed for motorbikes and works similar to a clear waxoyl but much easier to apply. I've found it works really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts