Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wanted opinions on my up and coming swap of my 156 GTA to a 159 2.4 JTD.

The GTA has been great, but I don't use it as it should be used and the amount I spend on petrol with so much city driving is criminal.

Anyone made a similar swap? I am not too worried about the power loss as I think the 159 will have it elsewhere and I am thinking about a remap from the off. I was thinking about a box, but theres so many posts about remaps being the way to go I am convinced.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Dont get a box...remap it!

You will be better off as the fuel bills will come down but you may miss a little top end power!

Lee

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

You've got me a bit worried on the top end power thing though.:confused: I haven't read anything about this.

I have been looking at Angel Tuning if that makes a difference. Lots of good reports.

Can anyone backup a loss of power top end and what the real world effect is?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
winrya said:
I think he means top end power in comparison to the GTA??!!
What he said !! :D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You won't miss much really especially when remapped, I moved from GTA to JTD though one with a lesser engine and the remap made the difference for me, whilst of course its no GTA, on the dialy grind your not missing much and saving so much, possible downside is that the 159 probably won't handle as well as the GTA but you might prefer the refinement it offers.

The top end power you miss would be the extra aceleration the GTA has over the JTD especially over 100mph but below that the JTD will feel fast enough, not quite GTA but better than most would expect for a diesel.

I've certainly not regretted the move.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

I really haven't made the most of the GTA for a while now - too busy, too much city driving etc. I think any loss in performance will quickly be forgotten in light of the saving in fuel anyway!

I'll let you know how it is when its here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts