Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed something in the pictures of the Giulia Quadrifoglio interiors. It looks like the seats have adjustable front sections to the seat bases which can be extended forward. Look at the first picture here for example: Interiors from the Frankfurt Floor - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Similar to the ones in the 156 GTA and 156 Ti models. Interestingly, the 147 GTA seats, despite otherwise looking very much like the 156 GTA seats, does not have the same functionality. The 147 Ti and the GT "sport" seats also look very similar to the 156 Ti seats, but do not share the moveable seat base.

Does anyone have any idea why the distinction between the 156 and 147/GT seats?

Also, what purpose does the moveable section serve, really? Is it just for people with long legs who want more lower thigh support or something?

EDIT: I changed "squab" to "base", as that is a clearer term - some people use "squab" to mean the backrest and some to mean the base. I am referring to the base here.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea on the purpose of these seat mechanisms? The only thing I can think of is that it may be to make the seats more comfortable for people with really long legs.
Extending the cushion on the passenger seat does provide a good space to wedge in small items that you don't want rolling about on the seat or in the footwell, though :jester:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Comfort while sleeping? While you wait for a tow truck :biglaugh:? #vwdriversgotjokesfordays

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But then, why did you get it in the 156 GTA and 156 Ti, but not in the 147 GTA and Ti or in the GT?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
But then, why did you get it in the 156 GTA and 156 Ti, but not in the 147 GTA and Ti or in the GT?
Price constraints probably. The 156 was seen as more "premium" than the 147. GT is based off the 147 parts bin on the same production line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts