Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been offered the right car for the right money....

as such the GTA will be up for sale.

I'm lazy when it comes to writing loads of text on the thing - but if anyones interested drop me a PM for more info photos

Basically i've owned it for 3 years - supplied by Monza Sport with full documented history its now done 129k miles is black with black leather with teledials

Its mechanically top notch and has full service history.

The all important Q2 is fitted and the cam belt was done along with plugs and metal water pump at 111k miles

both drive shafts have been replaced

radiator and thermostat done last year (the normal corrosion!)

3 coil packs replaced

cam and crank sensor done

full eibach suspension fitted (including ARB's front and rear)

recent oil service and front brakes done (305's as anything bigger for road use imo is overkill)

recent aircon regas (works well)

fitted with alfatune el down pipes and puds unicorse rep exhaust (sounds very fit)

£7k+ spent on the baby over the last 3 years (much of it suspension and exhaust)

dynoed at 263bhp so the engine is just getting fitter.

Just got a full 12m (and a bit more) MOT and 4 good tyres

so thats all the good bits....

bad bits - front bumper needs respraying and drivers side front wing needs rust bubble cutting out and patching at the same time (pretty normal)

Plastic front wheel arch liners are worse for ware - again normal!

I've had problems with the gearlinkage - basically following Neds advice on here it turns out to be wear on the linkage itself - at low speed and pulling the reverse collar up slightly 6th can be found - at speed it cant - i've adjusted the nut on the end but its too warn now - needs replacing (not costly but i havent got the motivation) - to be honest a 5 speed GTA does just fine! price reflects the cost to have this done.

the cars used daily and most of the recent mileage is motorways to and from work - mileage will continue to rise whilst on sale.

In no great rush to sell as its just space opposed to finance but I'm sure whoever is the first to drive it will buy it - it drives like a car with less than half the miles under its belt

Open to sensible offers. I have a realistic price in mind...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crib of previous history prior to me owning it

Alfa Romeo Dealer Services:

9/06/04 at 6685 miles by Brindley Alfa Romeo
6/12/05 at 24869 miles by Thames Alfa Romeo
17/07/06 at 36386 miles by Thames Alfa Romeo
09/03/07 at 48585 miles by monza
31/05/07 Cambelts at 51799 by monza
04/09/07 at 58626 miles by monza
26/06/08 at 72546 miles by monza
11/08/09 at 82100 miles by monza

Repairs by monza:
New gearbox and clutch - 04/09/07
Air-con pipes - 09/10/07
Anti-roll bar drop-links - 11/01/08
n/s/f lower arm - 26/06/08
Clutch slave cylinder - 08/08/08
Tyres X 2 - 12/08/09
Handbrake cables -03/09

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now sold! :thumbs: :cry:

I'm looking at a new skoda VRS with the new TSI 2.0 engine - subaru 2.5 engine woes and small boot put me off.

Plenty of scope to liven the vrs up too - quaife atb diff, simple remap 260bhp / 310lb/ft - K04 turbo 350bhp plus... (may not go that far though!) - still looks and sounds pants though

Dull but fits the bill. Still got 2 more alfas left though to drain the bank :)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Wow, that is a bit of a coincidence.

We also have a black 156 GTA SW - also supplied originally by Monza sport, also with about 120k odd miles on it.

I guess the main difference being that ours is not for sale. We had a bit of an engine issue recently and after talking things through decided the car was a keeper and agreed to spend the money. Need to probaby keep it for 10 years now!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Kurzon! :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
have they not had loads of problems with the tsi engine ? a mate who has the 1.6 tsi one ( i think ) is on his second engine in a brand new car if it goes again they said they will offer him a new car
Tsi 'name' covers several very different engines (very confusing) the 2.0tsi with cam chain has no real problems according to the forums. Older tsfi does...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts