Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

As some may have seen, I'm trying to source some rear shocks for my car to return the suspension to normal! I've found a set on eBay removed from either a 147 or 156 GTA - with 57k on them. Would these fit my humdrum 1.9 JTD GT perchance? I assume they'll be a slight upgrade to the normal suspension, and I'll be chucking Eibach springs on them!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Morning all,

As some may have seen, I'm trying to source some rear shocks for my car to return the suspension to normal! I've found a set on eBay removed from either a 147 or 156 GTA - with 57k on them. Would these fit my humdrum 1.9 JTD GT perchance? I assume they'll be a slight upgrade to the normal suspension, and I'll be chucking Eibach springs on them!

Many thanks!
to what i know don't think they will.. your best bet is contact some breakers.. do a eBay search on alfa 147 salvage or breaking

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah damn, there are certainly some normal shocks out there to be bought - just thought I could have a cheeky upgrade!

I see you've explored these avenues RC :biglaugh: going off the other thread, I'm getting some OEM shocks with Eibachs as planned!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So will any standard 147 & 156 rear shock absorber fit? Seems I've found a good set of new ones, they're advertised for 147 & 156 but no mention of the GT, probably as its been overlooked when listing I assume.

·
Registered
883 Posts
again to my research the 156 147 and GT run the same floor plan and when comes to suspension they fit the full range.. not sure what your budget is but they not best brand but it's 4 shocks and springs lower to 40mm for £155 delivered again not a well-known brand but for money I'm sure can't be any worse then what we have already.. im just going for the fronts but tge GT version as for some reason they are 50mm drop

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
but they not best brand but it's 4 shocks and springs lower to 40mm for £155 delivered again not a well-known brand
You said it .. £155 buys you two quality REAR TRW shocks .. (front shocks are slightly cheaper)

but for money I'm sure can't be any worse then what we have already..
Famous last words ... :paranoid:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! OK yeah I've ordered my 156 rear shocks and some eibach springs. Now for the fun of fitment when they arrive...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
GTA shocks WILL fit on any other 147, 156 or GT - the suspension is the same for ALL these cars, there was a slight difference in the rear spring mounts on GTs, but they still will fit. The ONLY other difference (apart from spring and damper rates) are that GTAs have different mounting pioints on the front uprights for the calipers due to the Brembos.

·
Registered
883 Posts
but they not best brand but it's 4 shocks and springs lower to 40mm for £155 delivered again not a well-known brand
You said it .. £155 buys you two quality REAR TRW shocks .. (front shocks are slightly cheaper)

but for money I'm sure can't be any worse then what we have already..
Famous last words ...

why the lack of faith.. your obviously one of these people who pay the world for the name!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
why the lack of faith.. your obviously one of these people who pay the world for the name!
You get what you pay for. 155 for 4 shocks and springs is too cheap to be good quality. I would only go for Oem or recognised brand Ie bilstein, eibach, koni. Last thing you want is to spend hours fitting them (or pay loads) only to find the ride is crap. If budget is ltd get an eibach pro Spring kit (100 alfisti) and get some GTA shocks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can indeed attest to the 'you get what you pay for' phrase, after fitting these coilovers :depressed:

·
Registered
883 Posts
You get what you pay for. 155 for 4 shocks and springs is too cheap to be good quality. I would only go for Oem or recognised brand Ie bilstein, eibach, koni. Last thing you want is to spend hours fitting them (or pay loads) only to find the ride is crap. If budget is ltd get an eibach pro Spring kit (100 alfisti) and get some GTA shocks.

totally agree what your saying

1 - 14 of 14 Posts