Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Does anyone know how much lower the 156 GTA suspension setup is compared to the standard 2.5 v6 setup? I think the sports pack is around 20mm lower than my standard one so maybe the GTA is about the same as that? Thanks!:thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
veloce / sportspack is 25mm drop. I think the GTA is either the same or 5mm lower.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one! Thanks. Do you have the original suspension on yours? If so, how is it?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My GTA had the original suspension yeah. It was ok, good on smooth roads/surfaces, but harsh on bumps and holes etc.... but I was planning to upgrade to the Koni FSD's.

They are meant to be really good. Especially to stop bottoming out.

I'm so sad I sold it. :(

·
Vendor
46,116 Posts
I believe the standard GTA suspension is 30mm lower than the "Lusso" suspension on a normal V6, and about 5-10mm lower than the SP/Veloce suspension on a 156 V6.

However, all springs sag a little with age, so replacing old springs with new lowering springs might not initially lower you by all that much. Mark - Are you thinking of getting hold of some GTA suspension for your 2.5? If so, I would say don't bother. There are better spring/damper combinations to be had. Like Joe said, the Koni FSDs are fantastic. They go well with Eibach Pro Kit springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts