Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am after a jacking cover for a 156 GTA. Its the front left cover. They are obsolete.
If anyone has a spare they would like to sell or know of any breakers that have a GTA I would be grateful.

cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am in the process of procuring a decent 3D printer that can handle ABS. These may be my first project.
Sorry to get offtopic but can you tell me which one you're buying? I'm entertaining the idea of getting one as well.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Airwolf Axiom.

Seems to be the right combination of ease of use (I.e. it can produce things reasonably easily out of the box) and capability (big print space, high temperature extrusion etc).

Not cheap, but there is a story behind it. I've wanted a 3D printer for a while, but couldn't really justify it. My son (Chief Mechanic to those who have read the thread) has got very interested in 3D printing, and basically commandeered the very crummy one at school. I also promised him a material bung if he worked for his exams, which he duly did very well in. So between his bung, most of the cash he has stashed over the last 5 years, and my contribution .... we're going large. I'll set him off on sill covers - tenner each sound OK? :). I'll try and make wing mirror housings for the 155....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Airwolf Axiom.

Seems to be the right combination of ease of use (I.e. it can produce things reasonably easily out of the box) and capability (big print space, high temperature extrusion etc).

Not cheap, but there is a story behind it. I've wanted a 3D printer for a while, but couldn't really justify it. My son (Chief Mechanic to those who have read the thread) has got very interested in 3D printing, and basically commandeered the very crummy one at school. I also promised him a material bung if he worked for his exams, which he duly did very well in. So between his bung, most of the cash he has stashed over the last 5 years, and my contribution .... we're going large. I'll set him off on sill covers - tenner each sound OK? :). I'll try and make wing mirror housings for the 155....
i would be over the moon if i could get one. wanting to restore me car and thats the part I'm struggling to get a hold of.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea the. I did see not that long ago a bunch of students built a full car using a 3D printer. The car didn't look create but its a start.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Wow - someone actually has stock! Wonder if they had them fabricated, or perhaps some guys in China realised that there was a buck to be made. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Alfaworkshop have them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ebay items are all the back ones. it was a front left i was after. I ordered one from day and whites, came next day. I'm happy.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Do you have pictures of this part? Does it have the Fiat/Alfa/Lancia logo on them?

Any idea who manufactures them now, or did someone discover an old box of the genuine ones somewhere?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have pictures of this part? Does it have the Fiat/Alfa/Lancia logo on them?

Any idea who manufactures them now, or did someone discover an old box of the genuine ones somewhere?
I am away at the moment, but will have a look when i get back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts