Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the drivers seat lower bolster (when your sat the bottom right bit) has lost padding, if i push the leather you can feel the seat frame, now the padding is coming out under the seat in tiny bits (the size of hundreds and thousands ice cream bits)

Tried having a feel under to see if i can find where its falling out from to re-pack the offending area but no luck.

Anyone have a similar thing??? any fixes bar removing the seat?

p.s. my dad valets at Maserati/Ferrari and told me he always finds these bits on the Maserati's!!!! haha dont you love the italians.

Help?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had the same issue with my 156 GTA.

I took it to the auto upholsterer and he repaired the padding bith some better quality stuff. Cost me AUD$100 (approx 50 quid)

Lemi

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had this on a previous (non-Italian) car. When replaced them with a leather set I took a peak under the material of the old one and it looked like the sponge was decaying through age. It was just crumbling as soon as you ran your fingers over it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its still soft, i have new foam.... shhh ferrari foam and will be packing at the weekend. Not needing an upholsterer im just stupidly picky over everything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts