Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat base side wings, and to a lesser extent the back rest bolsters on my car are the last thing that needs attention. The leather is intact, but I can feel the wires that make up the seat through the leather. Eventually the wires are going to poke through!

Many car brands suffer similar problems as the foam inside the seats deteriorates. I'm wondering if any of you good people know of a firm that supplies the seat base foam piece? I assume it's a simple case of unclipping and pealing back the leather, removing the dead foam and replacing it with new foam?

Any advice gladly received!

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
If anyone reading this feels the same way about their 156 GTA saloon interior I am selling a full interior which was completely refurbished and recovered only a year ago. All new top quality leather, everything re-padded etc. I'd maybe take a worn interior in px as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What color is it Dan? Any pictures online of it?

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Those seats look fantastic. I presume the rears are the same style with red inserts?

I also presume that it is a saloon rear, which does not split (ie no good for a SW)?

My drivers seat is still badly torn. Seat repair companies I have contacted all want about £250 to300 to repair, so I haven't bothered so far. Hoping a nice black GTA drivers seat will turn up. However I do have a desire for a different colour interior at the moment....

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
That does look quite cool. With black door cards... Won't be too much red either then.
Yeah, I agree. At first I thought it should have had red door card inserts as well, but its grown on me now having them in black. If they were red it'd probably be too much, as its a strong colour.

Those seats look fantastic. I presume the rears are the same style with red inserts?

I also presume that it is a saloon rear, which does not split (ie no good for a SW)?

My drivers seat is still badly torn. Seat repair companies I have contacted all want about £250 to300 to repair, so I haven't bothered so far. Hoping a nice black GTA drivers seat will turn up. However I do have a desire for a different colour interior at the moment....
Yeah the rears are done in the same style, but they're fixed on the saloon and not split/fold. The quality of the leather used is something else, it has a real texture to it. Doing a proper recovering is expensive, the one this interior had was bordering on 4 figures :eek:

Try one of the smart repair places, they won't get it looking perfect but for a lot less than what you've been quoted they would be able to make it look much better.

That red would look fantastic in a black car.
Thats what it came out of, metallic black :cool:

Would look awesome in a GTA or a Ti with the darkened headlining and pillar trims etc.

·
Registered
708 Posts
khmhmm... the price for set? :D
Im looking actually 1 seat :p But if the price is right... who knows :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts