Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1849 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a GTA about? Was it you... let's keep a thread going of sightings...

I've seen 2 in a week which was so unusual for me! :eek: They were both 156's too!!!

A silver 156 GTA on the Watford ringroad (near sainsubury's) on tuesday night at about 7PM.

A red 156 GTA in Barking last saturday :)wow:) On longbridge road... This must be the only other one in the area where I live! :eek: Was so shocked to see one. As was the missus. Unfortunately my car was in for work so I was only in a blue GTV.

·
Administrator
45,664 Posts
I have never, in my entire life, seen another GTA on the road.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Before I got my 147 GTA the only one I had ever seen "in the wild" was owned by a bloke at work and it always looked gleaming sitting in the car park.

So now, in Kings Lynn, I think there are only two 147 GTA's and both spend all day sitting in the same car park at the same place of work! :)

It makes me laugh though, because you try and explain to people how rare they are yet they see two in the car park every day - both in Alfa red and both with the 18" jet fin alloys!! Different on the inside though, I have full black leather he has the black/tan combo.

Have never seen 156 GTA though!

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's nothing, I saw three GTAs in the space of 20 seconds on my way to work this morning. Two 147s and a 156.

It might have something to do with living just round the corner from Jamie Porter; its not unusual to see a couple of SZs....

G ;)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's nothing, I saw three GTAs in the space of 20 seconds on my way to work this morning. Two 147s and a 156.

It might have something to do with living just round the corner from Jamie Porter; its not unusual to see a couple of SZs....

G ;)
:cool: I love Jamies place.. always some lovely exotic alfas there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This week I saw a silver 156 GTA in London, heading southbound on the A3. It took special Alfa geek eagle eyes to spot that through the armco as I headed north ;)

Oh, I had to do a job up near Pentonville prison the other day (don't ask!)...there was a nice black 147 GTA parked nearby :cool:

As for the most in one place, I think you would be hard pressed to beat Brooklands the other weekend!

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This week I saw a silver 156 GTA in London, heading southbound on the A3. It took special Alfa geek eagle eyes to spot that through the armco as I headed north ;)

Oh, I had to do a job up near Pentonville prison the other day (don't ask!)...there was a nice black 147 GTA parked nearby :cool:
I think I saw you going towards london on the A3 on tuesday evening.. It may not of been a gta though, certainly looked like one.

K

·
0 Posts
Only ever seen 3 156 GTAs, one I own and the other 2 I test drove!:D Until the other week when I changed job location and now I see one every morning and it only lives 3 miles down the road! (03 metallic red sports wagon) yet to see it on the move though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There was a 156 GTA SW in the next village from me! I past him once or twice gave him a wave but didn't get anything back! Now I believe he's moved obviously couldn't handle a 25 year old owning the same car as him!! Also I've seen a black 156 GTA around my area but i've always been in the works van so didn't realy feel like I could wave.

O

·
0 Posts
The only one I can remember is one around J26 on the M1 - black 156 GTA.
Heading Nottingham way on A610.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have never, in my entire life, seen another GTA on the road.
Other than at an Alfa Romeo National event, neither have I. At this event I was interested to notice that the signage on the back of each car were completely different. Some had V6, some 3.2 and none, I am happy to say, were Selespeed cars (mine is). Anybody else got a Selespeed ? My my car was delivered to me it had NO signage on the back at all and when I mentioned this to an Alfa dealer he sent me a bag full of 'em including the Selespeed sign.

My car is black metallic with a full black interior.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Other than at an Alfa Romeo National event, neither have I. At this event I was interested to notice that the signage on the back of each car were completely different. Some had V6, some 3.2 and none, I am happy to say, were Selespeed cars (mine is). Anybody else got a Selespeed ? My my car was delivered to me it had NO signage on the back at all and when I mentioned this to an Alfa dealer he sent me a bag full of 'em including the Selespeed sign.

My car is black metallic with a full black interior.
It is also a Sportwagon.

·
Registered
677 Posts

G ;)
If you live close to Jamie Porter does he service your GTA ?

1 - 20 of 1849 Posts