Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the answer to this question is on here somewhere, but my searches haven't found it yet! So ideas, opinions or a point in the right direction would be appreciated!

I'm interested in having my 147 GTA remapped, mainly to see if the really gutsy power above 3500rpm can be delivered lower down the rev range. Will a remap actually achieve this?

I've looked online at the Autodelta and Angel Tuning remaps. Which is better, and who else's remaps should I be researching?

All thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers

Aub

·
Registered
196 Posts
Aubrey,
Had mine re-mapped at Autodelta 18 months ago (Group N fast road I think) and it certainly made the power more usable down the rev range. Mine used to torque steer at 5000rpm before the remap, which didn't occur after as it just fed the power in more evenly.
Simon

·
Registered
352 Posts
Jayson (chippeduk) has a bit of a mixed rep. Personally I think his maps are great and had one on my E36 M3. Really liked it and he was getting 300-310bhp from them (286 std)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all - exactly the sort of advice I was hoping for! Will let you all know what I decide on.

Cheers

Aub

·
Registered
253 Posts
pablo said:
Jayson (chippeduk) has a bit of a mixed rep. Personally I think his maps are great and had one on my E36 M3. Really liked it and he was getting 300-310bhp from them (286 std)
With over 70 dealers in the UK alone he can't be that bad.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Darth Vader - looking on the chipped uk website, the 147 GTA isn't listed. Was yours done by special arrangement?

And, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of money do they charge?

Cheers

Aub

·
Registered
396 Posts
My map was specially written for my car as i have a gsr induction kit from him and a full supersprint exhaust fitted. call him and ask for prices

·
Registered
176 Posts
I asked him for the price of remap for 156 GTA : £175 !! a bit surprised, I was thinking a lot more.

What do you think of it ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
That's an amazing price!!

Surely though once mapped, the set up needs to be set up on rollers? or is it simply a plug and play??

What else ,other thanthe exhaust is needed to get the best out of the remap? CDA and better filter?

What sort of power increase does the remap alone make?

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
352 Posts
you can use a generic remap - such as autodelta/squadra etc do. These will have been developed using a car and a RR.

Now a generic off the shelf map is never as good as a live remap for YOUR car but its still better than the generic map alfa stick on the car.

·
Registered
644 Posts
So its a case of "Good", but "Could Be Better"?

What is the power gain though (I know it will be marginal, but I am curious).

Per

·
Registered
644 Posts
Doesn't sound bad for £175.

Does the CDA kit add much more?

What does a map that has been set up with live mapping generate?

Per

1 - 20 of 26 Posts