Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
How much would a 2004 156 GTA Selespeed fetch in the UK?
I have a mint example, one owner, not one spot of rust as it was sold new in Mediterranean country.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I'm not in the UK myself, but from discussions on the forum it'd seem that a good condition example could sell for anything from 6000 to 12000 pounds.

Selespeed might put some people off, so if you could prove that it was working 100% with no issues, that'd be a plus for selling the car.

Also, if it's really "mint" in the sense that it's cosmetically perfect, the suspension's been replaced with new or upgraded components recently and the engine's recently had a cambelt service, that'd increase the value significantly too.

I know there is one guy trying to sell a 156 GTA that has been garaged all its life (something like 200 miles on the odo) for 20 000 pounds in the UK at the moment, and it's not selling at that price (or hadn't sold last I looked).

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
It's been for sale for about 8 years, price seems to rise every few months, started at about £6k 3 years ago, now up to £20k.

The car has done about 60k miles but only 200 in the last 8 or so years, it's been in a collection since then, not in the best condition either apparently.

Should be findable with a quick search, it's also in the overpriced Alfa thread in the rant room

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The car has done about 60k miles but only 200 in the last 8 or so years, it's been in a collection since then, not in the best condition either apparently.
Hahahah, well if that's the case, with an actual mileage of 60 200 miles, then I completely understand why it's not selling for 20k!
I thought it was basically a museum-quality car, which would justify a price like that.

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
Hahahah, well if that's the case, with an actual mileage of 60 200 miles, then I completely understand why it's not selling for 20k!
I thought it was basically a museum-quality car, which would justify a price like that.
For the last 8 years that car has been advertised for roughly 1.5 or 2 times its market value. As the GTA market has picked up, the asking price has gone up too. Just the ebay classifieds listing fees alone will now be into 4 figures!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
So, to get back to the OP's original question. Anyone else prepared to give xenkof an idea on what an unrusted 2004 156 GTA Selespeed with (at the moment) unknown mileage and service history might fetch in the UK?

Or was my estimate of 6k to 12k depending on condition and mileage close enough?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My dec 2004 Alfa 156 Gta Selespeed berlina with 51000 miles has an insured valuation of 17,5 thousend pounds. They only produced 348 of the berlina selespeed's worldwide. They sometimes pop up here and there on the web. the low mileage and mint cars seem to go for around 12 thousend pounds.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My dec 2004 Alfa 156 Gta Selespeed berlina with 51000 miles has an insured valuation of 17,5 thousend pounds. They only produced 348 of the berlina selespeed's worldwide. They sometimes pop up here and there on the web. the low mileage and mint cars seem to go for around 12 thousend pounds.
what are the differences with the GTA Berlina? Is it only the selespeed? Are they all LHD?

Is the OP's GTA LHD? That may reduce the potential interest in the UK if so...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Berlina is Italian for saloon ;)
ha, Berlina sounded like a special edition, hence £17,500 value....

So if you have a 156 it's either a Berlina or a Sportwagon right? Or is there an Italian for Sportwagon too?

So 156 GTA Selespeed Sportwagon is maybe the rarest beastie...

·
Registered
390 Posts
156 GTA 3.2: 2625
156 3.2 V6 24V GTA SELESPEED: 348
156 SW V6 GTA 3200: 1174
156 SW 3.2 V6 24V GTA SELESPEED: 504

147 3P. GTA 3.2: 4025
147 3P 3.2 SELESPEED GTA: 1004

These are the worldwide production numbers according to the italian archive.

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
So there are more Selespeed Sportwagons than Selespeed saloons - I never knew that.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
So there are more Selespeed Sportwagons than Selespeed saloons - I never knew that.
Maybe people who like to drive wagons are also people who are more likely to prefer automatics?

Would be interesting to see the split for other "normal" cars, whether the wagon derivatives are more often auto than the sedans.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I prefer the Wagon's looks, basically. Ain't nowt more to it than that, for me :thumbup:

I think the same for A4's, 3-Series etc too.

Cheers,
Hedge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts