Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Nice photos RD.Looking at the pics I reckon it looks better from the front because you can`t see the heavy handed details like the slots in the sideskirts and back bumper which spoil the lines.Still would`t mind one on my driveway though!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Pete:[QB]Nice photos RD.Looking at the pics I reckon it looks better from the front because you can`t see the heavy handed details like the slots in the sideskirts and back bumper which spoil the lines.Still would`t mind one on my driveway though!
[/QB]
Not my pics unfortunately (Alfa press department)

G

·
All I want to know his how many of you knockers are going to admit that it is worth the asking price after your initial slating and scandlous lack of faith, bloody cheap skates and max power heads the lot of ya!

Its nice to see that the dreadfull gay rainbow coloured patched quilt interior I first saw in Autocar weekly or whatever its called appears to have been ditched.

M.

164 Pimp mobil

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Hi Mak

LOL. That little tirade wouldn`t be aimed at Aisha would it?
BTW Should we call you "Pimp" now!

Regards Pete

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Sorry Mak, Im standing by my guns. My beef was always with the PRICE, never the car itself.

Ive no doubts its a great car, but it aint worth £28k IMO. But if one could pick up a GTA used, it has to be THE performance bargain. No one is going to convince me that the GTA will defy every other alfa and only suffer modest depreciation.

G

·
All and sundry Pete not just Aisha and the your little puppet strings are starting to show you bloody stirrer!

I'm not sure exactly of the final price but I cant see their is much else about at say 26k thats any better, if I'm conveniently allowed to forget the big D. Aren't GTV 3 litres officially around £25k? if so thats also a joke IMO!

Apologies for the lack of well constructed defence and all that but I'm still pissed about the T plate Leather clad Spider I missed over the bank hols for £6K!

M.

164 Super

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Mak

So you almost went from pimp to hairdresser then?

Cheers Pete

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
GTV V6 was never EVER worth £26k imo. I bought mine for £16k and that I that I think was a fair price (sorry kenny!), no that I had £26k. Im not saying the car is only worth £16k, Im saying thats more than enough to pay for this car.
The car is great but you cannot equate power and price. The gtv is superb in some ways but you can tell, you can just tell, by sitting in this car, it is not deserving of a £26k price tag. Its lacks quality and finish. So some of you dont think thats the most important thing? Well, too right its not when you've bought a car for about £3-5k.
But it bloody well is when you paid a whooping £26k. Character my arse

G

·
Sort of Pete, I prefer Babe magnet to be honest although seriously I do think their as Hairdressery (is that a word?) as anything else that seems to get tagged with it. (There are a couple of people with them here who have actually posted calling other motors that, I have chuckled over that one)! But for that money (booked at £13-14k) I think I would have lived with it for a while and as long as the badge say AR its good enough for me! I know we all have are favs and little internal squabbles as to model preferences but one is soon brought back to earth if Alfa of any kind wasn't an option.

I'd imagine I take mine for granted more than you as I'm fortunate not to have to drive the Vauxhall so one shouldn't complain.... (and no that wasn't a dig, for once)

M.

164 Super

G

·
Don't be sorry Aisha, I never paid anywhere near £26K for the Cup...but yes it was a bit more than £16K

A mate at work said I should go for a personalised number plate...a quick check at the DVLA website... V6 CUP has gone but V12 CUP is available or is that just toooo optimistic ?!?

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I was almost tempted by C1 4LFA which was advertised for £500 in a recent AROC newsletter.What about V6 GTV??

G

·
That plate C14 LFA is being advertised by a commercial plate dealer for £850!! Other Alfa type plates are going for about 1k

wrinx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts