Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

I wanted to replace the pedal covers on my 147 GTA with new ones since they looked a bit shabby. I found the following part numbers in an older online ePer version:

• 71730260 repair kit for clutch and brake pedal
  • 71730262 repair kit for accelerator pedal
I received the pedals and on first sight they are near enough identical but the accelerator pedal is about 1.5cm shorter, so it doesen't fit. The brake and clutch pedal has only two bolts to fix it. One on the top centre and one on the bottom centre. This would require drilling holes into the pedals which I want to avoid. My old pedals had four bolts in each corner and were fixed with small plastic clamps from the backside.

I found some slightly different part numbers in a french forum from 2006 where someone fitted GTA pedals to his normal 147. He ordered the parts 71730257 (clutch and brake pedal) and 71730259 (accelerator pedal) and these parts look identical to the one I need.

Does anyone know the reason for the slight difference? Are the pedals I received fitted on later models or is the difference because of a revision?

Here are the pics that compare the old to the new pedal covers:

Accelerator:
View attachment 167378

Brake/clutch:
View attachment 167379

I hope someone can help me sort out these part numbers (Alexandrus/Ataemonus it seems you are good with part numbers!! ) before I order the next batch of wrong pedals. I can't give them back because they come from Italy and as you probably know, they are quite expensive! :wow:

Cheers Philipp

·
Banned
447 Posts
First of all, do not get new pedals, they are expensive and pointless.
Second, you got the RHD ones, I cannot imgine why.
That being said, here is what you can do.
71730259 accelerator
71730257 clutch
71730257 break

Like I said, I would not get them new, too expensive. I for one polished the original ones by hand, cleaned the rubber inserts and they look much better than new. The rubbers can be worn out, but those can be replaced by using ones from cheaper pedals, from Mercedes or some aftermarket pedals.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ataemonus, thanks for a good idea which to be honest I should have considered! I was thinking of changing my pedals but will do as you have suggested. To be honest these cars are expensive to keep going and so maybe i need to get into more of a classic car mentality and start looking at second hand, refurbishing and so on. Obviously not with important features like brakes and cambelts but you have made me think?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all, do not get new pedals, they are expensive and pointless.
Second, you got the RHD ones, I cannot imgine why.
That being said, here is what you can do.
71730259 accelerator
71730257 clutch
71730257 break

Like I said, I would not get them new, too expensive. I for one polished the original ones by hand, cleaned the rubber inserts and they look much better than new. The rubbers can be worn out, but those can be replaced by using ones from cheaper pedals, from Mercedes or some aftermarket pedals.
Thank you very much Alex. You're a genious!!

I checked again in ePer and found that RHD was ticked instead of LHD even though I used my chassis number. When I ticked the LHD box I did find the same part numbers as you said. I have a brand new footrest so want the rest to match to it. Have now a brand new set of RHD pedals spare because of this stupid mistake. Hopefully my friend who has imported his GTA from the UK is interested in them. :lol:

Thanks again Alex!

·
Banned
447 Posts
You're quite welcome Fipzoo. I am not a genius but I am however obsessed by GTA parts so I pretty much know ePER :)
Keep your old pedal covers though, you might want to recondition them at some point.

gorkansr, good find. The holes in the original GTA pedals are roughly 8mm diameter, I would go for the .37 ones with the shorter back and hole in back. But shipping kills the deal, for me it's 34 USD just for shipping.
Maybe we can do a group buy, if anyone is interested.

·
Banned
447 Posts
I doubt they will last long painted, they are aluminium and no paint sticks to them unless proper primer is used.
That's why I would only go for powder coating or polish, or even chrome plating, aluminium/zinc melt coating, etc, anything that is made to last, not paint which you put your foot on every day, several times per day.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You're quite welcome Fipzoo. I am not a genius but I am however obsessed by GTA parts so I pretty much know ePER :)
Keep your old pedal covers though, you might want to recondition them at some point.

gorkansr, good find. The holes in the original GTA pedals are roughly 8mm diameter, I would go for the .37 ones with the shorter back and hole in back. But shipping kills the deal, for me it's 34 USD just for shipping.
Maybe we can do a group buy, if anyone is interested.
How did You get this shipping quote for Your order?
Asked personally by email?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Same here, but when I did checkout and ordered it still showed 19.95 dollars! And I live in Estonia (EU).
Sent them letter afterwards, asking about the price and If shipping will be calculated later separetly? If so and it is going to be large amount - I want them to cancel my order. But right now it's ~20 dollars! :p

·
Banned
447 Posts
Oh well, I guess I will have to look for another option. If those guys sell them, someone else should also sell them, I think they are for Porsche.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts