Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I did this recently....

you have to remove the momo aluminium covers, they are alan screws. on the clutch and accelerator, brake pedal is slightly different as it is held in by a plastic sleeve at either end and captive bolts as far as I remember..still alan heads though.

The way I went to Refurb the Aluminium was to rub down with wet and dry paper starting quite coarse and getting finer, I finished up with very fine grade wirewool and then a lint free cloth and polishing compound, I did it all by hand but if you had a buffing wheel that you could use it would result in a better finish.

they came up nice and shiny and definitely gave the interior a lift as the knackered looking pedals with deep scratches that used to attract dirt like anything were catching my eye every time I got in the car...

good luck:thumbup:

edit : the rubber inserts come out and I gummiphledged them after washing in soapy water.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the guide
I must give it a go.
Hopefully it freshens them up

Ive read that thread before, its a dead end, no one managed to get the rubbers to suit in the end.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I think it's different for the GTA pedals, with the rubber inserts.....
Have a look here:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/460937-gta-pedals-rubbers-grips.html

There are a lot more threads on GTA pedals in the GTA section.... ;)
the rubber inserts come out ...

I cleaned these up with soap and water and then gummiphldeged them..

they also came up good as new.

I think the blackline/cloverleaf GT's share the same momo pedals as the GTA's not 100% on that but given Alfa's waste not want attitude to parts they have lying around I would imagine when they stopped making the GTA's due the discontinuation of the Busso they would have created other trim levels on the remaining models..hence the blackline,clovers and Q2's In the GT and the Ducati corse in the 147.

i'm sure someone will be along to correct me if i am wrong!

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Ive read that thread before, its a dead end, no one managed to get the rubbers to suit in the end.
Not quite.... If you look at the end, there's a Dutch guy who can manufacture/supply the inserts.....
Also it seems the inserts from Mercedes pedals, which are a lot cheaper, fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts