Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is an 02, Red 156 GTA in a Wallesey garage in Merseyside for 5495, went to see it yesterday with a friend.

If you want a GTA cheap and have 2k to spend or friends in the industry probably a good buy but otherwise it was a real shame seeing it in the condition it was in:

Paint work was very poor with clear indication of resprayed area's from damage but the bumper had an incredible amount of stone chips.

Rust on the drivers wing and drivers door edge was chipped and touched in.

Rear bumper had areas down to plastic.

4 new tyres needed and dics and pads all round.

Undertray was touching the floor.. in half!!!

Passenger bonnet didnt line up to the passenger wing

The electric mirror switch was missing.

GOOD POINTS - had a R.A.C inspection and was fine...... apparently

My mate summed it up with this comment "It's a shame that"

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Unfonrtunately no matter how nice some cars are you'll always get a dog, I'm sure there are maltreated ferrari's and lambo's and wot not out there.

That said lokoing at the thread title I was expecting it to be gold plated :lol:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha damn it cant change the title...... :cry:

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i bought it?

hi new to the forum, i collected the above car this morning and dropped it straight down to simply alfa for service cambelt change and a littlebit of bodywork, hopefully will be back in fine condition. All in all not a bad car. The colour didnt look that good on the autotrader but in the flesh is not so bad, the paint has a metallic/pearl finish with a bit of orange in it, apparently optional extra (£1100) from new, little bit of bubling on front arch and scratches here and there but nothing major the guy at simply alfa says shouldnt be a prob, just gonna get done the essential bits. 2 owners from new, first owner demonstarter for 1 year then 2nd owner till present. car felt solid and was great to drive back. full alfa service history, brand new replacement gerabox clutch antirollbars late 2007, from a glance it looks like upgraded 330mm brembos which may have been upgraded by alfa? hopefully. new gearbox was factory so no uprated diff but i will at a later date. working 7 days flat so told them i will pick up in a week to give them plenty of time. got 300 knocked off asking price plust 6 months tax so im happy as i wanted to the work myself for peace of mind. also 10 cd changer in the boot which isa bonus. ordered some 18" innovit concept, black spokes silver polished lip. ( i like black alloys compared to silver ). plans to enjoy the car standard for a while then will probably do a little engine work later. will post some pics when i get car back. ayat

·
Registered
940 Posts
great stuff and sounds like a bargain.. will look great with black wheels though not sure what type they are.... any pics/links of the wheels??

and welcome

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats mate, will be good to see it in the condition it deserves, GET THOSE PICS UP ASAP

enjoy it

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Congrats, sounds like it will be cracking when you've finished with it. :cool:
Get the Q2 fitted sooner rather than later though, you don't want the gearbox going pop!

G

·
0 Posts
The colour didnt look that good on the autotrader but in the flesh is not so bad, the paint has a metallic/pearl finish with a bit of orange in it, apparently optional extra (£1100) from new, little bit of bubling on front arch and scratches here and there but nothing major the guy at simply alfa says shouldnt be a prob, just gonna get done the essential bits.
Congrats on the purchase, it sounds like you are one of the exclusive band of GTA owners with a Miro Red one. Indeed an optional extra, the 8C red of its day :) . The colour is actually a real grower and looks great in sunlight when it varies from a deep red to bright pearlescent orange. Make sure you get the rust done (see sticky thread above) and get a good body shop to do it so you get a good match for the paint.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
thanks, will defo get q2 fitted, njs apparently closest, simply alfa havent fitted one but am sure can do it no probs, will check labour charges and see how much i can source it for 600 fitted seems going rate so anything cheaper willbe bonus, the suspension felt ok but mostly motorway, was thinking coilovers but will
probably rare occasion take it to track, so willprobably go down damper (fsds) and springs, seems can get some decent coilover kits for similar money, but dont want to drop car that much so i think dampers will suit.

·
Registered
940 Posts
miro red... is that the same colour as the 147 gta selespeed that was at NAD ?? if so that is a stunning colour speshly in the sunlight!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Best of luck with the car.

At least it has found an enthusiast owner who will bring her back to what she once was.

Unfortunately many at this price will get brought up by someone who doesn't appreciate what they have and get driven into the ground.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
To be honest i will keep them as a 2nd set but get them fully powder coated/refurbed in anthracite and put some z rated tyres on them, may be use them on the track ?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
spoke to john yesterday, all in all nothing major, just pads, service and a few other bits. comfirmed that the brakes are 330mm upgraded brembos. so i am happy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts