Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been a while coming but I've done a deal to part ex my GTA for another (non Alfa) car. It's quite gutting but with fuel going up and and up it's becoming increasingly difficult to drive like it supposed to be driven and justify the cost. I will miss it but at the moment needs must. I have the car until Saturday.

I didn't get what I wanted but it was as close as I could get, and to be fair was the only garage that was willing to actually take the car as a part ex.

I'm not leaving Alfa completely as my wife will be keeping her Mito for the foreseeable future.

I'll have a few GTA and non GTA parts to sell next week to make some space in my garage.

Sad times... :cry:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
what have you bought instead?

A

·
0 Posts
And what parts do you have?!?

Sorry to hear you are leaving the GTA fold but as you say, needs must.

Ben

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will need to be a very decent shield as well lol

Off the top of my head I will have original GTA mats, steering wheel buttons (light grey but ok in GTA), superflex ARB bushes, drop links and top front wishbones.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
GTA mats. I want. How much dibs dibs dibs :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry that should be powerflex arb bushes

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Well it's been a while coming but I've done a deal to part ex my GTA for another (non Alfa) car.......I didn't get what I wanted but it was as close as I could get, and to be fair was the only garage that was willing to actually take the car as a part ex. :cry:
From memory you were advertising at around the £7k mark, are you saying you got close to that on trade in :wow: What age and mileage?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I dropped the price to 5.5k, and was about to drop even further to 5k. I achieved about that. Car is a 2003/52 reg and done 66k. Trade in price typically is around 3.5-4k so I've done well I think. The problem is that dealers won't take the car as they are worried about it sitting on their forecourt for ages, and in all fairness I don't blame them.

I'd have prefered to sell the car privately but again was proving near on impossible.

Having said that if someone wants it still before Saturday let me know.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I know how you feel, Citroen C1 ordered today - tin can on wheels but £99 a month all in isn't bad.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Wow where is that from? Lease I take it? My corolla is giving me hassle so that is tempting
Company car list, I could have got one cheaper but went for the top spec 5 door VTR+, next one down was £94 a month, probably the base spec would have been under £90 a month, that includes everything including benefit in kind tax, it's on a 4 year lease, but will go up slightly due to 1% benefit in kind tax increase each year all the same it's not alot of money when you consider I just pour fuel in. It was the cheapest on the list, I think they tend to hold their value which makes leasing cheap. Top spec thoughs stuff like split folding rear seats, chrome details, colour coded door mirros lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
you done well to px at 5k. book price is only £2495 for a 2003 model GTA. trader must have a lot of dollar in the one you bought to get 5k for yours :thumbs:

and private book price is only £2595 :cry:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yeah but we all know book price is crap on these cars - rarity and solid following produce a totally different market to the more normal models that book is basing residuals on.

Any decent trader or Alfa specific garage should be well aware of that

1 - 20 of 53 Posts