Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my first renewal for my car insurance is up and its £1331!!! :wow:
Needless to say i am going to shop about.... I am with Norwich Union at the moment and they were ok till i got the alfa a few months ago... there was a balls up when i got the car in december i rang them and they told me the premium was only a matter of pennies difference which i thought was probably right....
Anyhows recently i needed my insurance docs for my tax and couldnt find them so i called them up and they still had my old car registered on my insurance and not the alfa!!:mad: :mad:
So basically when i rang up the first time all they had done was change my breakdown cover over to the alfa :confused: :rant: :rolleyes:
Anyways sorted it and my insurance went up £40 a month :(
(thats the short version by the way)

Im sure this has been posted a million times before, but for a more recent comparison...
Whos everyone insured with??
I am 30 with 5yrs ncb and 3 points
Preferably would like to avoid to deal with irratating overseas customer services
thanks guys
j

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got a quote on a lambo murcielago earlier for £99,999.99 LOL. 19, 2year NCB 0 points. my dad however, £845 for the year on the same car :eek:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All good qoutes then... norwich union are having a laff then with that price!

I thought i was one of the youngr gta owners... oh how disalussioned am i :cry: old barsteward
just went on confused.com to get an idea and elephant and admiral come top by a few hundered quid at 550-580....

Chris knot sounds like a good old british firm might try them... seriously cant be ar5ed with overseas customer sevices

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Admiral 33 years old, 2 total losses in 12 months and 0 NCB - £450ish fully comp :D am I laughing - god yes!

M

·
0 Posts
32, full no claims, car on drive overnight......£400approx with Admiral, I'm happy with that!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Did my insurance last week, it was £931.30. It was due to renew today, I'm 26, have got 7 years NCB protected (although the max they do is 5 years), an SP10 (speeding in HGV) for which I got 3 points, my mods declaired (would of been £760 without them), drive any other car TPF&T which I had to ask for :rolleyes: plus the legal protection stuff for £20 ish. I put up my excess from £450 to £850 so that got it down a little and its another incentive not to crash :D

Dont know if I could have got it cheaper and TBH I dont really care much, have had alot on and couldnt be arsed ringing round. I know that last year I got a quote for over £4000 :eek: , this is the third year I have been with Privilege and although I have never had to claim I have always been able to speak to someone in England who speaks English who I can understand and thats worth 100 squid of my money anyday! Have never had a call last longer than 20 minutes with them and always pleased to help so jobs a good en ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Oh and I only do 10k per year and is kept in a locked garage :D

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I should point out mine is only that low because I am on a multicar policy and my GF doesn't crash her cars like I do :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got mine from quinns - £493 - - fully comp
( but they dont cover cars with mods )

150 exess

oh, im 34, no points, and 3yr no claims

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
i got mine from quinns - £493 - - fully comp
( but they dont cover cars with mods )

150 exess

oh, im 34, no points, and 3yr no claims
For a GTA? :bang:

;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've just completed an online admiral yes/no thing for a quote of £870!!!! I reckon a phone call has always got to be better with these things(if you have time to spare) as i originally got quoted £950ish which was eventually reduced to £592.42 (£550ish was a guestimate) when i said "hmmmm thats alot higher than my previous quote matey, surely you can do better.........." Blah blah blah goes the conversation and eventually i got a 10% reduction on my best quote upon production of evidence of my best quote.

DKCLEANS-I was insured with Quinn Direct when i lived(born and bred for 20yrs) in Northern Ireland and when i tried to get a quote on cars above 200hp they didn't cover them at any price, don't know where i'll get insurance if/when i move back there with the GTA...........

1 - 20 of 39 Posts