Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried about ten insurance companies last night that I got from a previous thread. Cheapest I could find is 900. It's painful when I read some of your premiums! I've just got rid of an e60 m5 that I believe is the highest group and was only paying 980 on that. Insured for 3x as much too. Shocking!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I quite fancy an M5 one day so thats quite reassuring :)

Try admiral.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You 18 or something? :p

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Two total losses in one year, 2 years NCB, admiral - £700 (I think)
Plus admiral class the GTA as insurance group 18 rather than the usual 19 ;)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Insurance groups have totally shifted now anyway. Scale is from 1-50 instead of 1-19.

GTA is 34 I think.

25, 3 years no claims, One SP30, live in Edinburgh, £650. Admiral

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rite ok. Stumped! 27, no points. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they come up with. The funny thing about all this is quote line direct quoted me 1850 for a gta but that's who I was insured with when I had the m5 for 1000.. Nothing changed just a bit older. Work that one out.

·
Administrator
47,180 Posts
32, no points, £400-ish with Swiftcover. Up from £320 last year, but couldn't find anyone else to beat them, so prices have definitely gone up.

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
No points - no no claims (used it on my MiTo) - 156 GTA 52 plate - (just) under 50 :D £150 excess and protected NCD - £279.86 with Admiral - (multi) policy taken out beginning of December :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i just quote for 410 from elephant every one else is over 900?????????????? i only paid 440 in july, so lets hope they go down for when i need to renew :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have been looking at quotes as hoping to purchase GTA soon.

31, 9 years NCB. no points. most coming out at around 1200 including admiral and elephant!

Cheapest i got was Heritage insurance for 758 which I guess I have to class as reasonable!

Insurance premiums have gone up 33% this year apparantly, there was a link on another forum to an article on moneysavingexpret.com.

It is madness!

G

·
I'm with Admiral, they have been the cheapest (and great customer service too) for the last 6 yrs for me, 4 of which have been insuring the GTA. The Mondeo is with them now on a multicar policy :)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i tink it probably helps that i live in the country, not too much crime round.
i tink u would hear about it quickly if there was cause some farmer would probably be seen shooting the criminals with a 12 bore lol

G

·
Don't try and understand Insurance Underwriter's logic for quotes because there isn't any logic :lol:

I've had some bonkers quotes over the years where a Fiat Coupe Turbo was £250 more than a TVR Sagaris.
I've just run quote on Confused.com for my Aston Vantage and looks like there might not be any increase for me this year, can't say i'm disappointed at £615 for that car.

John

G

·
Not sure if this is any help .... I've just changed Car and House - Was with Direct Line for both

Saved £400 on House Insurance on a like for like policy :)

Saved £300 on Car insurance :) top policy

I used Chris Knott Insurance 0800 917 22 74

Had this recommended from a friend

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah operation alfa, tried go compare who found to be the best in the past. I'll do a check with the others. Most of the quotes were direct.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Yeah try chris knott, used them for a few years, chap at work spent days calling different places, eventually tried chris knott on my recommendations and bought the policy from them.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts