Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Anyone know of any good second hand arch liners out there? I need one for Drivers side on my 156.
When the suspension lower arm sheared off it took the wheel into back of arch and smashed it to pieces.
Fixing car now, but need a liner.

If not second hand ones out there i suppose i need a new one. Are they still available?

Thanks
Will

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
743 Posts
As far as I'm aware you can still get hold of new arch liners. Front & Rear, but as most things GTA they are not cheap

I have a good set of used rear ones which I was thinking of selling

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only drivers front i need. The rears are in great condition although need a good clean. The passenger side is ok, but the drivers side is no more. May see about adapting a spare standard arch liner with some fibre-glass if i need to. But rather not

·
Registered
436 Posts
Defo still available, just had some fitted to my Wagon (at The Alfa Workshop). Not cheap, though (around 200 quid a pop?).

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can you share the place that has them available? I need both front and every place i asked they're out of stock.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried a few calls today, nothing as yet and the TAW number just rings out. Will keep trying though.
Not sure i want to pay £200. So i am thinking maybe sourcing standard liners and adapting them to suit. I have a couple liners in the garage which need repair off std 156. Maybe even try making some new fibreglass ones.

Just seems mad to me that i can get all parts for the car to fix the GTA after the 'incident' except for a stupid crappy piece of plastic.

If anyone has any old broken 156 GTA inner arch liners lying around let me know i wouldn't mind trying to repair and maybe they are good enough to make a mould out of.
Time for some Alfisti suppliers to invest in some tooling i reckon ;) lol

It reminds me of the rear inner arch liners for the rear of a 993 GT2 Porsche. They were not available, but this was because Porsche would take a standard 993 arch liner and then cut up another arch and rivet a section in to widen it. If it good enough for a top spec Porsche, why not an Alfa GTA lol

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O/S/F 60674031 not available and no ETA

N/S/F 60674032 still available

Ned
Hi Ned, thanks for that. I was just on the phone to one of your guys(unless it was you i was speaking to lol)

For short term solution i going to try and make one out of std arch liner i have spare

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok next update. I have just called round a few Carbon Fibre/Fibre Glass moulding companies and i have a contact which i am going to pursue to get a rough idea of price and they sound interested.
Now i know there is no big market for GTA parts as there are only a few of us. But it could be a solution to a problem. My worry is the arch liner is quite a complex shape, so it would need to be made flexible enough to fit. I wil lupdate, but maybe nothing comes of it???? Hopefully this is a solution to my issue at least.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am very interested in this potential lead, as I have the same issue with my GTA. I live in Norway, but no one I have spoken with have been able to find the arch liners I need. Please update! :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
As an update, I was wrong in stating both front liners are available. As others have said, you can get still get N/S fronts but not O/S.

No idea where I'm gonna get one, other than at breakers now. Not good, mine's in rubbish nick.

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What i can't work out is are they on back order and therefore more will be made......... or are they just no longer available at all?

A solution is required, but for time being i just have to do without!!!!!

·
Vendor
46,717 Posts
They are not officially out of production, but they are out of stock with no ETA which is usually the status just prior to something being declared out of production.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
End of this, repairing the broken to pieces liner with bits i have cut out of a std broken 156 arch liner. Using a PE adhesive and it will most likely look a mess. But i couldn't care less as long as it does the job.
Not getting any joy from these carbon/fibre glass boys. They obviously don't like a challenge haha.

If they do come back in stock i will be buying some, but at a sensible price only.

I just can't bring myself to drive her anywhere without a liner as it going to make a right old mess

1 - 20 of 45 Posts