Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just go back from a massive week of touring in the 147 GTA. Took the fast ferry from Poole to Saint Malo, them preceded to smash it down to Gibraltar in one go! 1180Miles, 5 tanks of fuel, average speed 79.6 mph, and about 22 mpg. Then spent a week with the family before the return leg via Barcelona, Bordeaux and then Caen. Think I have put about 3000 miles on the car but had great fun. The roads on the continent are great, fast smooth, new, and most importantly empty of traffic and police.
The car got much more attention then it ever does in the uk. Also spotted a nice red 156 GTA in Gibraltar, cant think it get much use there. Anyway need to go and clean her, the alloys are coated in about an inch of brake dust. And the nose has been re-decorated by a few million dead flys.

J

·
Registered
133 Posts
1180Miles, 5 tanks of fuel, average speed 79.6 mph, and about 22 mpg. J

That is a very quick average speed! Sounds very enjoyable :)
I have just come back from a week in Nagano (where the winter olympics were held ten years back), Didn't average anywhere near that though :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
That is a very quick average speed! Sounds very enjoyable :)
I have just come back from a week in Nagano (where the winter olympics were held ten years back), Didn't average anywhere near that though :(
and low mpg, I usde about 15mpg on the same avarege speed in Germany this sommer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts