Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my renewal from Greenlight came through at £639 which I thought was a good price.

Then I went on confused.com and SwiftCover quoted me £450! :wow:

Shame as I really like Greenlight as a company. :(

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what age are you? I'm 28 and got mine for £438 off Post Office. I'm in N Ireland which tends to be a wee bit dearer than mainland too

S

·
0 Posts
All depends on the package.

Adrian Flux for me again this year. £320 full comp. paid £10 to protect no claims extra though.

Admiral was similar but lacked some added features.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Mines a shade over £800 but that's every single mod declared like for like replacement :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
you always tend to get charged for loyalty rather than get a discount, companies are keen for new business.
call Greenlight and ask them to match.

mine will go up this year, wife has a open non-fault claim that is causing issues until we get the excess back.
£227 is the current renewal.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Prices all over the place... That visit to confused.com was worth £200 for you though!

Paying about £370. That includes all mods declared.. and living just outside London, 28. Think I got lucky though, all other insurers were 600+

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Just out of interest do you insure your 75 separately on classic or is it included
Oh I don't own a 75 just yet, put it up saying I do then it fell through and never removed it :lol:

But I did insure my 155 Twinny on a classic policy for not much at all ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Oh I see only interested as mines due done a quick search and mines 25% more this year than last with no changes to circumstances claims is this what every one else is finding?:confused:
Oh yeah and the 147 is£50 more than the v6

·
Registered
777 Posts
Flux. £650ish. Wife as named driver, no commuting. London Zone 2.

G

·
0 Posts
There seems to be a large difference even on the same/ similar cars must be post code related!

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you don't mind me asking what age are you? I'm 28 and got mine for £438 off Post Office. I'm in N Ireland which tends to be a wee bit dearer than mainland too
Also 28 got 3 Points from December 2009 and a single car accident in 2011 which wrote off my 147 GTA. :cry: But was paid out £6500. 3 Years no claims (lost 2 from accident) and licence held for 8 years.

you always tend to get charged for loyalty rather than get a discount, companies are keen for new business.
call Greenlight and ask them to match.
That was the first thing I did. They couldn't get anywhere near at all. So I'm moving to Swiftcover from the 2nd August.

G

·
0 Posts
Under £200 on an Admiral multicar policy. Previous best was £380 through Greenlight (who beat Flux and CKI).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just renewed mine £480, not bad at 24 with 6yrs no claims. I tend to swap companies every year as there seem to be no rewards for loyalty...

·
Registered
404 Posts
28, 5 years no claims, gf as named driver = £361 (+£60 cashback from Quidco in 3 months time hopefully) through Aviva. By far the cheapest I've had so far. It was £500ish last year for just me and Adrian Flux who I was with couldn't quote anything less than £1100 when I added the gf on!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
340 mods declared like for like replacement, i 28 with wife and mother on, use daily for commuting. i thought that was ok but has gone up since last year that is all with flux

G

·
0 Posts
340 mods declared like for like replacement, i 28 with wife and mother on, use daily for commuting. i thought that was ok but has gone up since last year that is all with flux
Hysterical! I was with Flux a few years back and they kept upping my premium until it got to £750 and I'm in my mid 50s, don't use the car for commuting and was supposed to get a 25% discount because I had done an advanced driving course with an organization the partnered with. Just shows you must shop around every year!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
£420 through flux :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
28 years old, 147 GTA 5 years no claims, fully comp both me and the girlfriend, £630 living in Ormskirk. Had a car written off in 2010 though and 3 points.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts