Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Vendor
48,807 Posts
Admit it, this Batmobile version is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool. I can't recall anything BMW have built in the last ten years where I look at it and think: "I like that.". But this one does it.

·
Administrator
49,699 Posts
It'd still look better with a smaller grille though!

·
Registered
Brera 1750TBi (2010)
545 Posts
I like the way ALFA are now claiming the GTA to be 1540kg.....and 150 kg lighter that a stock Quad....the same stock Quad that they originally claimed to weight in at 1550kg....which it never did! Hmmm. 1700 ish is far more realistic for the Quad and around the actually weighed weight I've seen on US forums.
No idea about the actual weight but I'm sure they aren't lying about those savings.

The same carwow did GTA vs QV drag race awhile back. GTA was faster by more than I was expecting actually.

·
Administrator
49,699 Posts

·
Registered
Brera 1750TBi (2010)
545 Posts
Ok so couldn't be bothered to watch that video earlier, but just watched it now.

Their best time with GTA was 11.8sec.
Best one with CSL (took like 100 tries for it to even launch properly): 11.6sec

So yeah, not sure about the ass kicking part, especially considering CSL is more powerful.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
exBMW fanboy here...all I see is after years of devaluing the M badge now BM is taking a dump on the CSL heritage 🤢
I remember in 2004 I was buying a new 5 series and there was an M3 csl in the showroom... the e46 with the cardboard boot floor.. it was about 60 ish grand i think.. i laughed and said i will give you 50 for it.. the salesmen said "deal" .. wish i'd taken him up on that....

·
Registered
Brera 1750TBi (2010)
545 Posts
Better than the TURBO S Porsche Taycan EV ? Laughable, you have to be a bit of a dick to drive an EV with a turbo badge!

View attachment 982092
It is laughable yes. I still think they should have named it Taycan GT2 or something along those lines. Maybe even come up with a whole new naming scheme (eGT2?). Or simply Taycan GT.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Better than the TURBO S Porsche Taycan EV ? Laughable, you have to be a bit of a dick to drive an EV with a turbo badge!

View attachment 982092
I had no idea they'd done that.
Seems to be like a 'go-faster' stripe then! Credibility points lost there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I remember in 2004 I was buying a new 5 series and there was an M3 csl in the showroom... the e46 with the cardboard boot floor.. it was about 60 ish grand i think.. i laughed and said i will give you 50 for it.. the salesmen said "deal" .. wish i'd taken him up on that....
oh the E46 CSL is still one of my dream cars and easily on of the best BMs ever made imo.....at £50k you should have ripped both his arms and legs off, they are silly money now!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
oh the E46 CSL is still one of my dream cars and easily on of the best BMs ever made imo.....at £50k you should have ripped both his arms and legs off, they are silly money now!
At the time it sat languishing in their showroom for quite a while.. months in fact !

41 - 56 of 56 Posts