Alfa Romeo Forum banner

GTA gets ass kicked by M4 CSL

3049 Views 57 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  metalgod23
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
11,096 Posts
I like the way ALFA are now claiming the GTA to be 1540kg.....and 150 kg lighter that a stock Quad....the same stock Quad that they originally claimed to weight in at 1550kg....which it never did! Hmmm. 1700 ish is far more realistic for the Quad and around the actually weighed weight I've seen on US forums.

· Registered
11,096 Posts
Never liked that either....at least it was darker than actually grey primer....unlike the M4 above. Its looks dull....its hard to look after...impossible to touch in or polish scratches out of. Hopefully a trend that goes away soon. I notice Audi and Merc have a half way house version now too....like a satin sheen....looks better (especially the dark blue Audi version)....but still must be hard to look after. There is one like this in Bognor....sounds like thunder!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
11,096 Posts
CSL must have around 600hp in reality....
At least the press car does.....BMW would be far from the first company to "breath on press cars".....and they wont be the last.....that goes back to the "150mph" E Type Jags and no doubt beyond!!!

"E-type 9600HP: proof the early test cars were tweaked?
When 9600HP was restored by its current owner, Jaguar historian Philip Porter, the engine was found to be a run in XK150S unit with a gas flowed cylinder head carefully matched to the inlet and exhaust manifolds – possibly worth an extra 20-25bhp. Maurice Smith later owned a 3.8 litre E-type roadster, and claimed he never got more than 137mph out of it. There is strong evidence that motoring journalists were provided with either carefully blueprinted or tweaked engines in order to attain headline grabbing results in order to create the myth of the 150mph Jaguar E-type."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts