948 Spider LE
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, nothing but willy waving, and so more suited to the BMW - they like that sort of thing.

Reactions: Top Down

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The BMW is brand new and being the CSL version has had the kitchen sink thrown at it. I think you could get similar power from the Giulia with some tuning which might balance things. That said it wasn’t really built for the drag strip anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
1,183 Posts
BMW is understating its horse power, which is especially evident on their G8x platform.

M3/M4 G8x has stated 510 hp, but in reality its around 540. The same as we can see in this video applies to M4 CSL; which must have at least 570 hp in reality.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Straight line acceleration is mute.. Many electric cars will hand the M4 CSL it's ass in a straight line.. so drag race is rather mute.. 3.6s 0-60.. all the below can match or beat it - this one for me sort of poves the point . Kia EV6 GT 3.4 s

Reactions: kco7zrv

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Straight line acceleration is mute.. Many electric cars will hand the M4 CSL it's ass in a straight line.. so drag race is rather mute.. 3.6s 0-60.. all the below can match or beat it - this one for me sort of poves the point . Kia EV6 GT 3.4 s
I think you’ll find it’s moot not mute, I can’t imagine it being mute when those two go head to head ;)

The electric car will be pretty mute though :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eyes ( or in sensible mode dig out my balaclava) than be seen in a BMW, I don’t care how good they are, I think ******** whenever I see someone posing in one :)

Bigot, yes I know, but it’s a fact!

Sorry guys and gals but you are probably going to have to put up with more from me from now on as I am likely to be changing my Stelvio Veloce for a Giulia Estrema

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce
111 Posts
Last Saturday whilst out shopping I had two separate gentleman come up to me and congratulate me on my choice of car, its colour and how beautiful it is (their words, not mine). I was pretty gobsmacked I can tell you!

In the five years I owned a 530M BMW the only attention I got was from the plod issuing me with speeding tickets. You can keep your beamers, thank you.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Last Saturday whilst out shopping I had two separate gentleman come up to me and congratulate me on my choice of car, its colour and how beautiful it is (their words, not mine). I was pretty gobsmacked I can tell you!

In the five years I owned a 530M BMW the only attention I got was from the plod issuing me with speeding tickets. You can keep your beamers, thank you.
Years ago before the internet and the police ability to check details against number plates, we were stopped in our Alfa Spider boat tail for no reason at all. Two policemen walked around the car checking the tyres and one of them said “not Alfas greatest design is it?” I just smiled. Meanwhile my wife stood in front of the left side of the front of the car obscuring the out of date tax disc. Then they just got in their Panda car and left. Weird

Sorry that’s a bit random but your comment about plod brought it back.

What do you drive and what colour is it?

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great with those alloys & calipers (y)

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
8,302 Posts
M4 CSL? Its only a BMW, nothing special, nothing to see, move along please.

Reactions: MadMotoUK
1 - 20 of 56 Posts