Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just had my engine rebuilt Its a 147 1.6 litre turbo conversion.It flows at 8 psi and gives out 205bhp at present.The fuel pump has craped itself and cant cope with the power.Will a 147 or 156 gta fuel pump fit into my car and does it need modifying for it to fit.Was thinkin about fitting a fuel pump from a Scooby STI.Autodelta rework the standard pump to suit the car .But I need a pump thats gonna be able to flow enough fuel for 230bhp.The engine is good enough for 250 bhp and the turbo will flow 25psi .Hope somebody can help me out with this problemMy car will be in Max Power on August 17th next if anybody is interested in havin a look at it.Thanks-Pat Doyle

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
When doing mad conversions I've always used a Pacet fuel pump - expensive, but a pukka pump. Sorry no link.... also maybe consider a diesel TDI pump

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ajcarter said:
When doing mad conversions I've always used a Pacet fuel pump - expensive, but a pukka pump. Sorry no link.... also maybe consider a diesel TDI pump
Thanks for the info I appreciate it.I will phone up pacet and see what they can do for me.Found out that 147 gta pump is 200 euro and will fit but I may also need gta injectors too and they are 220 euro a pop so this is gonna be an expensive repair bill.All in about 1100 euro fitted, jesus

G

·
205bhp is pretty damn good for such low boost! What's the lag like, and the front wheels, how well do they cope?

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shad said:
205bhp is pretty damn good for such low boost! What's the lag like, and the front wheels, how well do they cope?
Lag is virtually non existant front wheels are good for the grip and conering 9 x 18 inch wheels with 225 35 18 rubber.Engine was built in conjuction with Autodelta and Westward Engineering.Engine was 14.000 euro all in.Next project starting soon a 450bhp 147 gta twin turbo

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pddy24 said:
Lag is virtually non existant front wheels are good for the grip and conering 9 x 18 inch wheels with 225 35 18 rubber.Engine was built in conjuction with Autodelta and Westward Engineering.Engine was 14.000 euro all in.Next project starting soon a 450bhp 147 gta twin turbo
230-240 bhp is the target for the car.Gta fuel pump and a apexi boost controller and fuel management system are to be installed next week.Boost will be set to 14psi and we hope to achieve 230bhp at least.Had to get samco to make hoses for engine as original alfa hoses split from the pressure.Also have a multijet diesel rad installed to cool engine better.Car in Max Power on Aug 15th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts