1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Bargain! Just wondering about the aftermarket xenons:confused:

·
Vendor
46,125 Posts
Definitely a bargain. I was watching this one too!

Looks like one of the headlights has misted up..

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
Bargain! Just wondering about the aftermarket xenons:confused:
Yep bargain.
Aftermarket Xenons work fine, nothing to worry about.

Technically illegal, but less of a nuisance that the tw4ts that drive round with their fog lights on the whole time.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Looks like one of the headlights has misted up..
I noticed that to:D

Aftermarket Xenons work fine, nothing to worry about.

Technically illegal, but less of a nuisance that the tw4ts that drive round with their fog lights on the whole time.
How does it pass the mot with them? Doesnt it fry the wiring?

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
Passes MOT fine.
Beam patern on mine is actually better now than when it was new.
Wiring not a problem, less load than the Halogens.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Hard to see but it looks like it's got the bigger brakes too, although that front alloy looks a bit battered. A bit of tidying up required by the sounds of things and no mention of timing belt being replaced but considering the price paid it's not bad.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
unbeliveable bargain considering what you get for you money

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
If you have the money, there are some great cars around at the moment for under £5000.
Unfortunately most of us don't have any spare money right now!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
We seen these "bargains" appear before...... but are they?

Illegal lights, misted up, are these real bargains? are they priced correctly e.g. no 330's.....?

by the time you have spent another £2k to £3k you question if you should have just brought the car for the right money in the 1st place?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO doubt the backs of the headlights have been modded to allow the xenons to fit, that would explain the moisture in the units as air is getting in there now....

They are the 305mm brakes..

That was a steal.. :( I should of bid. :(

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
NO doubt the backs of the headlights have been modded to allow the xenons to fit, that would explain the moisture in the units as air is getting in there now....
Shouldn't be.
And the std caps at the back of the headlights are already vented as std, they are not sealed air tight. They would probably crack when hot if they were.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Shouldn't be.
And the std caps at the back of the headlights are already vented as std, they are not sealed air tight. They would probably crack when hot if they were.
In the 2 units I have seen, people have cut the backs off the caps to make the units fit in..... :confused:

The gap in the caps is very small anyway, the mods I have seen made this gap a lot bigger....

One of the first batches of GTA headlights I made had an issue with condensation as a result of rubbish sealant.. The stuff I use now has never caused any more issues.

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
In the 2 units I have seen, people have cut the backs off the caps to make the units fit in..... :confused:
No need because they take up no more room than the std H7 bulb.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No need because they take up no more room than the std H7 bulb.
The bulbs they used were definitely a lot bigger than the H7's, I will find out which ones they used....

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
The bulbs they used were definitely a lot bigger than the H7's, I will find out which ones they used....
Even if they are longer at the back, there is loads of room in the headlight.
No reason to cut the back off at all. Unless they were too thick to see the markings to know which way the caps turned to get them off, so cut them instead...

·
Registered
678 Posts
We seen these "bargains" appear before...... but are they?

Illegal lights, misted up, are these real bargains? are they priced correctly e.g. no 330's.....?

by the time you have spent another £2k to £3k you question if you should have just brought the car for the right money in the 1st place?
Hmmm - it's a tough call but for £8k you could end with a car that is great and you know is just right, e.g. you arrange for the cambelt, Q2, suspension, brakes, exhaust etc, rather than relying on a seller saying they have been done.

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
Hmmm - it's a tough call but for £8k you could end with a car that is great and you know is just right, e.g. you arrange for the cambelt, Q2, suspension, brakes, exhaust etc, rather than relying on a seller saying they have been done.
Exactly.
You could pay top money for a car and still need to do all the above.

Providing the car is structurally sound and everything works, £4000 is a great price.

·
Vendor
46,125 Posts
I've known a few on here attributing the rev counter failure to fitting aftermarket xenons. But rev counter failure is a known issue anyway, so maybe its just chance..

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I've known a few on here attributing the rev counter failure to fitting aftermarket xenons. But rev counter failure is a known issue anyway, so maybe its just chance..
So if they do fail do you have to replace the whole instrument pannel? Who looks at the revs anyway!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts