Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a contact at Ferodo so I have the opportunity to order some sets of brake pads as a group buy

We can supply all Alfa Romeo's with the following.

DS Premier
DS Performance
DS2500 (Fast Road/Track Day)
DS3000 (Race Only)
FSF050 Brake Fluid.

The prices will be a considerable saving on prices in the UK as they will be coming direct from the factory.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yeah I'm interested in the DS2500's (330 disks).. but totally understand if you can't be bothered with O/S postage..

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will let you know the price shipped. I need to collect the number of orders we expect first.

Thanks

J

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
Which would you recommend as a slight upgrade on standard, but NOT SQUEAKY?

Depending on your answer, and cost, I might very well be interested - as I'm idly planning a track day, and I'm informed that I can expect to need to change pads afterwards (just front, or all round, according to prevailing wisdom??)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be up for pads to upgrade my existing one. Which ones would you suggest?
DS2500 which is what I'm ordering. Fantastic on track, give off less dust than OEM.

If fitted properly with copper slip they should be silent too.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which would you recommend as a slight upgrade on standard, but NOT SQUEAKY?

Depending on your answer, and cost, I might very well be interested - as I'm idly planning a track day, and I'm informed that I can expect to need to change pads afterwards (just front, or all round, according to prevailing wisdom??)

The DS performance is a slight upgrade.

The most serious DS2500's should not squeak if installed correctly however.

They will also last you a good number of trackdays, the Standard pads last one trackday. :eek:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I had the DS2500's since I owned the car (they were already installed) and they lasted me 3 years, and 4 track days. Very impressed. Just installed some PF pads from Ned this time around as it was a fair bit cheaper... and they seem equally as good (done 1 track day on them).. time will tell on the wear.. but hoping it'll be similar. The 2500's were squeaky when I first got them, but they were glazed. Some sessions of heavy breaking with some copper slip on the backs fixed it and never heard a peep afterwards. Interested to see what price you can wangle, although I won't need any

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'm happy with my PF pads. Used Ferodo in the past. I'd choose the PF pads over them but still a good choice IMO

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will confirm prices tomorrow. Thanks all.

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
I may be being unfair on the PF pads, since I utterly cooked my brakes (boiled the fluid) but I did one trackday on them, and they had to be replaced soon afterwards because they shrieked like a banshee almost constantly afterwards (I tried having them fully stripped and copper slipped, but it didn't help).

I've gone back to standard for now, with the squeak blessedly gone, and I'm a bit reticent now to spend a lot on brakes that I might have to replace straight away to save my sanity.

I was able to stop the PFs squeaking for a few days by doing a couple of emergency stops from 60. But I don't want to be doing that every week. I wonder whether my usual driving style just doesn't use enough of the brakes to keep performance once in good fettle.

S

·
0 Posts
My EBC yellows don't squeal or shriek at all. Not if I drive hard, or if I drive Miss Daisy.

Just saying like.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My DS2500's in my last GTA were silent.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts