Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
had this fitted by mij about ten months ago.wanted a nice sound without breaking the bank,and thats what i got(didnt want a bank loan out fo a supersprint!).they give a lifetime guarentee with it as well.they make and fit it while you wait,think the ad says about two hours but wy car was there all afternoon.i didnt want them to cut the standard system off so i could save it and that took a while.i would deffo recomend this exhaust to anyone whos after a nice stainless on a budget.it sounds great and combined with the AD carbon air intake it seems to let the car rev more freely.couple of points to watch out for though..........they tried to charge me an extra 35 quid for a twin tail pipe so i pointed out that should be in with the price and told him to look at the pics in his ad on ebay.he got a pic up of a standard 147(single pipe) up.but i told him mine was a gta and made him go through every pic on the ad until he came to the right one(crafty git!). they also had trouble getting the two bolts undone which join the cat section to the centre pipe,telling me the only way round this was to cut off the flange of the cat and weld the new system straight on.how f####g stupid?,after i said that if they didnt get em loose i wouldnt be having a new exhaust,20 mins later after a bit of heat they was off.it just made me think that if i hadnt have been under the car at the time or if i didnt know anything about cars they would have done this anyway,thus ruining the cat.at least now i can swap the exhaust,or change it back to stock if i want without having to mess about rewelding flanges onto the cat.hope i havent put you off with the last bit because for the money and sound you get out of the car you cant go wrong with this bit of kit.:thumbs:

·
Registered
163 Posts
i would love to but to be honest my computer skills are none existant and i wouldnt know where to start!:lol:.......i cant even seem to get pictures up on this site.you will just have to take my word for it.sorry.:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
i would love to but to be honest my computer skills are none existant and i wouldnt know where to start!:lol:.......i cant even seem to get pictures up on this site.you will just have to take my word for it.sorry.:thumbs:
:lol: No worries my friend. Perhaps I will get to hear to it at an event. Are you going to the Allams Epsom thing by chance?

·
Registered
163 Posts
no mate wont be on that even though it does sound good.its on the 7th of feb isnt it? got a stag do on the sat night so i dont think ill be in any state to meet up at 8 in the morning at donny park for the drive down.:)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The thing that put me off when I was looking was that some members on another owners club experienced a loss of power after having a full system from them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
had this fitted by mij about ten months ago.wanted a nice sound without breaking the bank,and thats what i got(didnt want a bank loan out fo a supersprint!).they give a lifetime guarentee with it as well.they make and fit it while you wait,think the ad says about two hours but wy car was there all afternoon.i didnt want them to cut the standard system off so i could save it and that took a while.i would deffo recomend this exhaust to anyone whos after a nice stainless on a budget.it sounds great and combined with the AD carbon air intake it seems to let the car rev more freely.couple of points to watch out for though..........they tried to charge me an extra 35 quid for a twin tail pipe so i pointed out that should be in with the price and told him to look at the pics in his ad on ebay.he got a pic up of a standard 147(single pipe) up.but i told him mine was a gta and made him go through every pic on the ad until he came to the right one(crafty git!). they also had trouble getting the two bolts undone which join the cat section to the centre pipe,telling me the only way round this was to cut off the flange of the cat and weld the new system straight on.how f####g stupid?,after i said that if they didnt get em loose i wouldnt be having a new exhaust,20 mins later after a bit of heat they was off.it just made me think that if i hadnt have been under the car at the time or if i didnt know anything about cars they would have done this anyway,thus ruining the cat.at least now i can swap the exhaust,or change it back to stock if i want without having to mess about rewelding flanges onto the cat.hope i havent put you off with the last bit because for the money and sound you get out of the car you cant go wrong with this bit of kit.:thumbs:
Thanks for this info. One reply says that some owners had a loss of power with other makes than alfa. What do you think??? Cant see how putting a free flow exhaust on a car can reduce power, but I'm not an expert.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Thing is its just a custom built stainless exhaust using standard off the shelf stainless parts so the quality is down to the guy fabricating it. The power loss issue may well have been model specific (isolated case) and I believe that they were done at the same time for a slight discount so they were made exactly the same.

I opted for this - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/167923-backbox-success-at-last.html

EB Spares can also supply the middle box if required.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i didnt get the car tested before and after so i cant be exact.but with the air intake done at ruffly the same time the car defo reves a lot more freely,and it feels faster but this could be that it just sounds faster.the only thing with a custom exhaust it its not extensivly tested as you would get with say a supersprint.personally i think the cars quick enough and i just wanted a nice induction noise/exhaust note,if this has given up a couple of horses then so be it.as i say it definatly feels quicker,whether it is or isnt is a different story......but as they say ignorance is bliss!:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts