Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
47,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a good used GTA driveshaft available including both CV joints, which have pretty recent good quality boots on them if anyone needs one. Part number 46307920. Fits 156 GTA, 147 GTA and GT 3.2, and fits either side. These are still available new, but are now £532 each.

£190 including delivery.

·
Vendor
47,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats a massive hike in a short time
Probably running out of them. Can't get an engine, can't get an ECU, can't get a N/S lower wishbone.. Where does it end. Its even started with the newer models, you can't get a driver's sunvisor for a Brera these days, Alfa parts supply is terrible.

·
Vendor
47,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes me wonder if my GT might be more valuable broken...
Its a hell of a lot more work, more mess and a slower pay-back than an outright sale. But if you have time, space and the ability to break a car up and don't need the money immediately then breaking it will net you more than selling it I'd expect. What's it worth as it stands?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Its a hell of a lot more work, more mess and a slower pay-back than an outright sale. But if you have time, space and the ability to break a car up and don't need the money immediately then breaking it will net you more than selling it I'd expect. What's it worth as it stands?
In its current condition, about £1-£1.5k. The bodywork is a mess, it needs new sills and it really needs a new clutch too. It hasn't got a Q2 either, so I could very easily spend a couple of grand just getting the basics sorted. Given that it's a 54 plate on its original alternator, that'll probably give up soon too. I've been looking at trading it in against something a bit more reliable and using my cash on getting the Sportwagon ship-shape, but I do have plenty of shed space. Time, less so!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Partsworld have two new driveshafts for sale on ebay.
I bought two...someone else must have bought two...and they have two left. £249 each.

I paid £350 last year for a s/h driveshaft...needed it in a hurry.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I bought the last partsworld driveshaft. don't need one yet but don't want to risk not having one when I eventually need one. Had a discount code too so only paid £224.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.