Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I got a 147 GTA and it has only done 30 000KM. The other morning I climbed into it and as per a previous post my clutch was lifeless. I had no clue why and also didn't see any clutch fluid leaks or anything. All the pins on the clutch pedal was on and I could not see anything the matter.

Today after reading another post, I tried doing the same as the guy did by letting the car run and pumped the clutch pedal a few times over. Eventually the clutch also started getting hard and I can select gears now etc.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and ever found out what it could of been and what part needs to be checked or replaced?

Any knowledge would help. I'm only taking the car to the dealer on Monday and would like to find out more. I never trust the dealer as it has so many technicians and if I have a clue on what the problem could be, it could help me in the greater sense.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
My 147 suffers from a pedal that 'drops' slighly..ie the pedal typically has an inch of play in the morning and the clutch takes up on the 'floor' when letting the clutch out. After the car warms up for a 1/2 hour or so the pedal returns to normal. You can often feel it pumping it self back to normal if you are using the clutch at the time. Strangely if I remove the fluid cap and then replace it the problem often goes away for several days.....dealer hasn't a clue. There is no fluid leak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stori,

My clutch pedal does not "drop slightly". There is NO preasure and the pedal feels completely dead or flat. It even stayed all the way down after lifting my foot from it...but now after warming the car up and pumping it a few times, it eventually stiffened up and worked normally again. This is the first time this has happened and I would like to know what the cause is and surely there must be something that goes wrong. Like I said there is no fluid leaks etc.

I would also not like to have to warm the car up for half an hour before I can drive.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Had something similar on my Landcruiser, the clutch pedal would stay completely down but could be pulled back up again and would work. Turned out the clutch master cylinder was knackered

G

·
My pedal used to feel very slopy and the biting point was getting closer and closer to the floor.....new master cylinder sorted the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts