Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 3.2 badge above the GTA badge on the boot is original? I removed mine recently to clean up the rear view of the car. Trouble is you can now see 3.2 in an orange effect. I think the boot was painted at some point and the badges were applied too soon and maybe the glue reacted with the paint? Anyway it's annoying me now so my options are to get a replacement badge or a nice Italy flag as these look rather smart. However the flag badges I have seen are either too short in height or length to cover up my 'tango' patch!:cry:any advice on a remedy, other than painting, greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
900 Posts
First off id look at cutting the area with G3 polish mate and giving it a buff you will be suprised the results it could give you.

Other wise another badge???

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off id look at cutting the area with G3 polish mate and giving it a buff you will be suprised the results it could give you.

Other wise another badge???
Tried this and no joy, I don't get how the paint under the badge is lighter than the paint around it......you would expect the opposite!

·
Registered
900 Posts
did you use a machine buffer???

Sounds odd about the discolouring

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you use a machine buffer???

Sounds odd about the discolouring
I didn't use a machine because I didn't want to damage the GTA badge, but I spent ages with G 3 and no change, I think it's time to order another badge!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The 3.2 badge is not origional.
If you can't sort the paint I think an Italian flag to cover it would look best.

·
Registered
940 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts