Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting ready to go for a nice drive soon with the windows down purely to listen to the car, sounds bloody amazing but surely this can't be heathy?

Does anyone else do a similar thing? As most of my trips out in her is always with the windows down :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
i changed the town i go shopping in as lewes has a lovely tunnel and i have to just drive it in my gtv 3.0 just to listen to the engine

S

·
0 Posts
Took mine through Hatfield tunnel this afternoon. Third gear, windows down lots of room to accelerate and slow to enjoy it. Roar of CDA, growl of exhaust. Great stuff.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Got a brilliant tunnel on the way to work just outside Plymouth, incredible at 5:30 am windows down when there are no other cars on the road

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am just getting ready to go for a nice drive soon with the windows down purely to listen to the car, sounds bloody amazing but surely this can't be heathy?

Does anyone else do a similar thing? As most of my trips out in her is always with the windows down :lol:
Yes, I don't use mine for the daily commute so I take it out late at night at least once a week to keep me "acquainted" and this involves a sound "test" too: Alfa 147 GTA in the Dartford Tunnel - YouTube

P

·
0 Posts
You not the only one! Took the GTA for a 30km drive just listening too the engine!

Then had someone drive past me with my GTA while I was standing next to the street.. Just to hear how the Busso sounds as it drives past! Lovely!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine sounded good today in the MOT test station.
Could hear them blipping the throttle as they manouvered it around the workshop.
It's rare to hear your own car from outside.

There's a town I drive through on my way to my parents in Devon and it's usually pretty late at night and the houses are really close to the road either side on a fairly steep hill. My wife always calls me sad for opening my window as I give it the beans in second gear up the hill but my 7yr old think it's cool:lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I do like a drive through a tunnel but does anyone actually realise how loud they are when you're behind them. People a couple of hundred meters back are deafened! Just got to make sure that there's no cops behind... Haha

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
i was in tower hamlets a couple of weekends ago getting my ps3 fixed. i 'could' have have sent it by courier but decided id drive it there myself :). got a few tunnels in on the way, blackwall tunnel on the way home then turned back and done the blackwall again :lol:. it did sound good :cool:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
As you can tell your not alone :D

I do it too.

I just love the sound so much. It really does put a smile on your face.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not long been in and was a fun experience, headed down to Southend-on-Sea and ended up taking a few photo's and by chance a lovely black 458 Italia slowed up and gave the thumbs up :D

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
I do it all the time :) In built up areas where the walls and shop fronts are close to the road, I'll drive along in 2nd / 3rd and blip the throttle changing down etc. Best on quiet, cold nights - sounds amazing :D
+1.....also checking out the reflections in shop windows.......:cool:
3 years and never had the radio/cd player on......:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
I do it all the time :) In built up areas where the walls and shop fronts are close to the road, I'll drive along in 2nd / 3rd and blip the throttle changing down etc. Best on quiet, cold nights - sounds amazing :D
I also give into temptation when it comes to the odd downshift throttle blip:eek::thumbs:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I did this just last night on my way home from work. Windows down and foot down for 50metres after turning off a traffic jammed road. Not done this since the day I picked it up.

Sounds fantastic and gives me a great feeling of pride!

I do have another feeling on my way to work though when I pick a mate up in a quiet cul de sac at 7am.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts