Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are those who will think the following pictures are sacrilege but, for me, this is exactly why I love my GTA! I've owned it for just over three years and in the last twelve months I've been on holiday to France and Scotland in it, been to two festivals and camped in a field with it, done ten laps of Castle Combe, taken garden rubbish to the tip, transported four adults and their luggage. The GTA is my only car and, basically, it does everything I could ever want a car to do. And, of course, at every turn of the key, the GTA grin has been unavaoidable :D

Anyway, today was a new experience - me and a friend plus our two kayaks. So, are these the fastest kayaks in the world? :cheese:

Cheers
Aubrey

C

·
0 Posts
Cool as fook......:)

I know a mate who had a GTA on the m6 toll road and an empty 700kg ifor williams car trailor on the back, apparently it was still accelerating hard down the M6 toll road at 120mph....

Multi purpose?

Aye!:lol:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Nice one Alfisti and a kayaker, my kinda thing, sadly I aint got a rack for my 156...and the boats have not seen water for a couple of years:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
... in the last twelve months I've been on holiday to France and Scotland in it, been to two festivals and camped in a field with it, done ten laps of Castle Combe, taken garden rubbish to the tip, transported four adults and their luggage. The GTA is my only car and, basically, it does everything I could ever want a car to do.
Cool.
I can't exactly drive my 33 overseas, but it has been from the top to the bottom of NZ's North Island, it has camped in a field:
http://www.axys.co.nz/ben/roadtrip/MOTRCAMP.JPG
it has done many track days:

it has transported five people at once, helped me move flats, done this (gravel starts just over crest out of shot):

and even this:

(How's that for sacrilege? Do I win?:lol:)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Cars are supposed to be used and this proves Alfas aren't garage queens :) I like the beachside shot of the 33. No problems with sand getting stuck in the car's mechanicals?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No problems with sand getting stuck in the car's mechanicals?
No. The only thing I had trouble with was filming myself doing handbrake turns. I was there alone and my digital camera at the time only recorded for 15 seconds at once, so I had to start it recording and jump back into the car and floor it like I'd just robbed a bank..:D
It made pretty lame viewing though. =(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts